Butterfly - Newjeans x Reader

Narrator

"Were we really that important?" Minji asked y/n-ssi.

"Yes," Y/n-ssi answered.

It had been two years since Newjeans met their new language teacher.

They had all gone out to eat and have drinks with the ADOR team. The conversation seemed to have gotten emotional....

- Y/N POV -

I'm not sure how we got here.

Things weren't meant to end up like this.

I had move to South Korea to be a language teacher at the high school level.

One day, I was approached by an ADOR employee during a study session at a coffee shop.... ever since, I've been Newjeans' language teacher.

One by one, everyone had gotten up from the dinner table and left... until it was just me, the girls, and The CEO.

"So, you used to listen to us when you were younger?" Hyein-ei asked.

I nodded.

I knew I was drunk... it was the only reason that I was able to share these things with them.

"But were we really that important to you?" Minji asked again.

I nodded again with a drunken reminiscing smile.

"You all gave me hope," I said with my smile growing wider as I blanked into my memories.

"You all gave me something to look forward to... a nice youthful song... the smiles on your faces during a shoot.... a simple phrase that warmed the heart... they were all matches that grew embers in my heart,"

"Growing up, I always felt a little lost. I'm sure we all do... but growing up with you... with your music... it made life bearable,"

"I still listen to your songs when I feel lost or happy or like I need to lean on someone. The songs have always been there,"

"Your hopes and dreams.... they were mine too growing up. As long as I got to see the smiles on your faces... then I was okay. I had hope for another day,"

"It was always fun and heartwarming.... growing up was never easy... Newjeans may not always have been my priority as I got older, but Newjeans were always the ones I ran to... when I wanted to cry... when I wanted to laugh... when I wanted some company....,"

The girls just stared at me with tears in their eyes as if I had just placed the weight of the world on their shoulders and told them to never let it fall.

I cleared my throat, trying to recollect myself.

"I think you're all doing a great job and as long as you stay true to yourselves... everything is going to be okay. No one will ever look back and not remember you all. Just like you all won't ever forget the impact, we, your fans.... left on you,"

I softly ended.

I took another shot of soju and then got up off my chair. I bowed at the girls and deapoynim then made my way home.

The next morning, I felt like complete shit.

I knew I shouldn't have said all that I said the night before.... but it was my way of thanking the girls for all the unknown good deeds that they did and are still doing.

I had a long day ahead of me.

- Newjeans POV -

We all got up and got ready to go to work.

"Do you think y/n-ssi meant what they said last night?" Hanni asked.

"What do you mean?" Minji asked turned.

"I just mean... like maybe y/n-ssi was just drunk?" Hanni answered.

"I don't think so unnie. Why would y/n get all emotional like that if they didn't mean it," Hyein interrupted.

"That's true. Y/n-ssi has rarely been like that with us," Danielle interjected.

"Do you think others feel like that too? Like other fans?" Haerin asked the group.

We all got into deep thoughts about our personal feelings on the matter, but one thing we all knew for sure was that even with all those heavy words.... things felt light... with no pressure.

"I think they do," Minji finally spoke.

"I feel like we should do something special for y/n-ssi and all our tokkis. Both old tokkis, current, and new ones to come!" Dani suggested with a big bright smile.

"Yeah, but what?" Minji asked the group.

They all though for a moment, until Hanni said.... "How about we throw tokkis a party to celebrate all their wins, big or small. To celebrate all the times they got through though times. To celebrate all the times they got through life even without hope. To celebrate all their small victories in life?"

Everyone turned to look at each other.

It was a surprising and deep suggestion.

"Joah!" Minji exclaimed.

"Yes, let's do it!" Hyein cheered.

"Okay!" Haerin said with a bright smile.

"Oh my god, I'm going to cry but I love it!" Danielle relesson.

- Y/N POV -

I got to work and prepared all the materials for today's lesson.

I waited and waited and waited.

I looked at my clock to find that the girls were 10 minutes late.

Another 10 minutes passed and I started to pack up my things. They were 20 minutes late at this point.

This had never happened without a warning or without some sort of message from the company.

I made my way out the room to leave but when I opened it, all of a sudden the girls yelled....

"SURPRISE!!!"

I was so startled that I jumped back and held my chest.

"We want congratulate you for being strong and making it this far in life. Even without us, we know you would have turned into the great person that you are today!" Hanni spoke as Minji and all the girls walked closer to me with a cake.

"We wanted to ask you something," Haerin then said.

I nodded a bit confused but regardless of the confusing... I could feel all their love.

"Will you and all the tokkis stay with us?" All the girls yelled in unison with the biggest smiles on their faces.

"Forever?" Minji added.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Have you ever felt like a K-pop group saved your life? For me it was BTS  >.<