Tutor - L. HN x Reader

Narrator

Lee Hyein was one of the most promising trainees in her company. Only problem was that she had poor grades.

So, her mother decided to get her a tutor so she could at least graduate with her class and then continue her career as a trainee and future idol.

- Y/N POV -

I was waiting for the student I was supposed to be helping at the Café. An hour went by and she had still not arrived.

I started to gather my things and decided to just give up on waiting for her when a familar face ran into the Café.

"Hi! I'm so sorry I'm late sunbaenim. My training ran long. I am so sorry!" The girl said bowing at me multiple times.

Her face looked familiar but I couldn't pin point where I knew her from.

"Have we met before?" I asked her.

"I'm Lee Hyein. We used to attend school together but you graduated not long ago!" The girl said continuing to bow.

"Ahh yes, I remember you now. Please Hyein take a seat and let's get started on today's session!" I told her bowing back at her as I pointed at the seat across from me.

"혹시 선배님 (Sunbae, by any chance) will you be buying me coffee today or should I buy my own?" Hyein-ie suddenly asked taking me a back.

"Oh yeah, yeah. I got it, what would you like?" I asked her getting up from my seat to fulfill my senior duties.

"Ice Americano," Hyein responded.

I got in line to get her what she requested and I started thinking to myself, "She always seems like that. Very outgoing and not scared to say what's on her mind."

"What would you like?" The cashier asked and I ordered an Ice Americano for Hyein and a tea for myself.

"So, what are we working on today?" I asked Hyein-ie as I returned to the table.

"I have a lot of math homework I don't understand and I also need to practice my english," She answered me.

Soon the waitress came with our order and we spent the rest of the evening working on Hyein's homework.

"Thank you so much, Sunbaenim! I forgot how smart you are!" Hyein said as she bowed me goodbye.

We both headed in opposite direction and our first session ended just like that.

- Hyein POV-

Y/n sunbaenim had been tutoring me for almost 3 weeks now and I couldn't be happier to spend time with them.

Back when they went to the same school as me, Sunbae was known as one of the smartest kids in the school. They were also one of the sweetest so they had a lot of admires.... including me.

We once had a class together but I don't think Sunbae remembers. They were my seat partner and they always shared their snacks and lunch with me.

Practice was finally over and I made my way down to the corner Café, running late as always.

"Hi, Sunbae!" I yelled as I got into the Café.

I was really excited to see them but my smiled dropped when I saw them talking to someone who seemed to be trying to hold their hand.

"I'm busy now. Let's talk about this later if I have the time," I caught the last bit of their conversation.

The person then got up looking frustrated and walked out of the Café.

Sunbaenim got up and bowed at me to greet me, "Hyein-ie, you're as late as always!"

"I'll get us some drinks and a bite to eat. How about you take out today's material while I do that?" Y/n sunbaenim asked and then went to get in line.

"I wonder who that was?" I thought to myself, feeling a little jealous.

Sunbaenim soon returned and we began our tutoring session. Before I knew it, our time was up.

"Goodnight Sunbaenim! Thank you very much!" I said bowing.

"Hyein?" Sunbae said, making my heart flutter at the sound of my name coming out their mouth.

"Yes?" I responded.

"Do you mind if I walk you home? It's getting darker earlier, so I want to make sure you're getting to your dorm safely," Sunbaenim suddenly asked.

"It's okay. I'll be okay, it's only a few blocks!" I responded to reassure them I was going to be fine.

"Perfect, then it won't be much of walk!" Y/n sunbaenim replied grabbing my bag from me and tossing it over their shoulder.

"Come on, I don't have a lot of time!" Sunbae said starting to walk and I followed, smiling like an idiot.

"Sunbaenim, can I ask you something?" I asked mustering up the courage to ask about the person they were speaking to when I got there.

"Sure," Sunbae answered.

"Who was that person you were speaking to before I got there?" I asked feeling a little embarrassed for asking.

"Umm.... it was my ex," Sunbaenim responded.

"Ex?" I whispered under my breath but it seems like y/n sunbaenim caught me.

"Yes, my ex. We broke up about two weeks ago and they just wanted to talk," Sunbaenim answered me, making my heart shatter a bit.

"Why did you two break up?" I unconsciously asked.

"We broke up because I started having feelings for someone else and I didn't want to play with their feelings," Y/n sunbaenim bluntly answered.

"Who do you lik-" I was about to ask something when sunbae interrupted me.

"Welp, here we are!" Sunbaenim exclaimed.

Y/n sunbaenim then handed me my bag and bowed. I took my bag and bowed back then turned to head inside the dorm building.

"Oh and Hyein!" I heard sunbaenim yell and I turned to look at them.

"The person I have feelings for.... it's you!" Y/n sunbaenim cutely screamed while waving at me.

I squealed from how cute their confession was and ran back to them to tease them.

"I'm sorry sunbaenim. What did you say? I couldn't hear you!" I said, cutely looking up at them.

"I said....," Sunbaenim then cupped my face and pressed their softly lips gently on mine for a few seconds..... "I like you, Hyein!" Y/n sunbaenim finished off their sentence as they pulled away and I started for blush like crazy.

I giggle a bit not knowing what to say until I finally just said, "I like you too!"

"Good! How about we go on a date tomorrow?" Sunbaenim bravely asked and I nodded knowing I probably looked like a bright tomato.

"Good, I'm pick you at 12!" Sunbaenim said then turned to walk home.

"Sunbae, wait!" I yelled.

Y/n sunbaenim then turned to look at me and I ran up to peck their lips.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" I told then.

Y/n sunbaenim then cupped my face and pecked my lips then kissed the tip of my nose.

"See you tomorrow, cutie!"

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-