Cheerleading Captain - K. MJ x Reader

Narrator

Y/n always had a crush on the school's cheerleader, Kim Minji.

As the soccer captain, Y/n always thought they'd make a cute couple.... the only problem is that y/n-ah had a hard time talking to people.

Most of the time people thought of Y/n as a cold and cool leader, but in reality y/n-ah is super awkward.

Unknown to Y/n, Minji actually had a crush then too. Only that Y/n never noticed because they were always trying to avoid her.

- Y/N POV -

I made my way to the field for after school practice when I found the cheerleading team practicing to tomorrow's game half-time show.

Minji was also part of the dance team so it seemed like they had a joint routing.

I was in a trance watching Minji cheer and dance.

It was amazing how Minji always seemed to have fun while she cheered. She always had the brightest smile.

Soon the team started to arrive and we started the fill our half of the field for practice.

Suddenly someone yelled, "Watch out!"

I saw a soccer ball flying towards Minji and I ran out to go try to catch it.

Unfortunately, I was too late to prevent the ball from hitting her. She was up on the top of the pyramid and started to fall. Luckily, I managed to catch her on her way.

"Oh Captain, I'm so sorry. My team can get a little too excited!" I told her as she got up off me.

"It's okay, It just shows you lead a strong team!" She answered me as she helped me up.

"Thanks you too!" I responded as I dusted myself off a bit.

Me and Minji caught eye other's eyes. We both stood there smiling and blushing.

"I'm Minji, Captain of the cheer team!" Minji said extending her hand for a handshake.

I giggled awkwardly and shook her hand saying, "Me too!"

"I- I- I mean, me too! I am a Captain too. I- I'm Y/n.... Captain of the soccer team!" I awkwardly tried to explain myself.

Minji giggled and said, "I know!"

Me and Minji had never officially met.

We didn't have classes together, so the most interaction we had up until this point was long stares and head bows in the hall.

Neither of us had realized that we were still shaking hands until we heard our teams cheering.

"WWWOOOAAAHHH!"..... "GET IT CAPTAIN!"

We both looked down at our hands and quickly let go.

- Minji POV -

I had finally had a reason to talk to y/n-ssi.

"Would you like to go out this weekend?" I managed to ask as me and y/n stood there just smiling at each other.

"Uuuhh, y-yeah!" Y/n-ssi stuttered out.

I giggled at y/n's behavior then got on my tippy toes to kiss their cheek.

"WOOOHHOOO!" our teams cheered again then we returned to our own practices.

From what I had noticed, y/n-ssi seemed a bit shy and awkward. I found it adorable.

On the field they always seemed cold and collected, but in the halls y/n always seemed awkward and nervous.

The next day, it was game time.

The soccer team ran out into the field and I noticed y/n wasn't with the team.

"Go get y/n-ah from the locker room!" I heard the coach yell.

"But coach, The Captain is having an anxiety attack.... they won't be able to play like that!" One of the players told the coach.

"Panic attack?" I thought to myself.

I put my pom poms down and went to go look for The Captain.

"Y/n-ssi, I'm coming in!" I yelled before entering the locker room.

I walked in to find y/n-ssi sitting on a bench, trying to control their breathing.

"Captiain, what are you doing here?" Y/n-ssi asked taking a deep breath.

"Heard you weren't feeling well," I answered as I kneel down on my knees.

"Are you okay? Can I help you with something?" I asked rubbing on y/n's thigh for comfort.

"Can I be honest with you?" Y/n-ssi asked taking a long breath.

"Mhm," I nodded.

"I don't think I can go out and play out there when you're right there on the sideline. I really like you, I don't wanna make a fool of myself!" Y/n-ssi said sounding panicked.

I giggled at their statement then rubbed y/n's back to comfort them.

"The game would be no fun without you. I wouldn't have anyone to cheer for!" I tried to cheer up The Captain.

"You can cheer for the team," Y/n-ssi responded... finally looking at me.

"Yeah, but I usually like to cheer for the best player on the team!" I replied.

The Captain laughed a bit then placed their hand over mine on their thigh.

"Come on, let's get on the field! I can't cheer if no one makes a goal and you can't make any goals without my cheering!" I teased grabbing a hold of y/n-ssi's hand.

The Captain stood up and then a deep breathe before pulling me by the hips and kissing my lips.

I froze for a moment then cupped y/n's face and kissed back.

"Thanks for asking me out," Y/n whispered against my lips.

I deepened the kiss for a moment the pulled away.

"Let's go!" I told y/n as I pulled them to get back to the field.

-

-

-
-

-

-

-

-