Seed - K. MJ x Reader x P. HN

Narrator

"It's going to be hard and there will be many sleepless nights. I'm not sure that I can trust you to keep your emotions in check," Angel investor, Kim Minji, told Y/n.

This was the 7th investor that had denied Y/n seed funding for their new startup.

"I see," Y/n felt defeated.

Minji had been the last resort.

Y/n and Minji had known each other since high school and were sort of close friends, so Y/n had waited to ask Minji for help due to personal ties.

"But..., I'm open to being an advisor for your company," Minji kindly offered.

- Y/N POV -

Minji never disappointed.

I was so happy to even just have her on my team.

"Yesss!!!" I cheered in excitement.

"Why are you so happy? She didn't give us a single penny!" Hanni suddenly exclaimed out of frustration.

I took a deep breath and grinned.

"Some connections are better than none!" I smirked at her.

Hanni and I then proceeded to take the bus home.

It was a long ride.

We had rode the bus for a whole hour to go meet Minji where she was at.

"I don't get it. Why didn't we ask her first? If connections matter than getting her on our team right away would have been a better move," Hanni asked as she put her hands in the pouch of her hoodie.

I took a deep breath, remembering all the times Minji had helped me out.

It felt wrong to ask for her help from the start.

I owed Minji too much of my life to ask her for more.

"I owe her too much already. Asking her first would have felt wrong," I answered Hanni, as I pulled the string on the bus for the next stop.

"Owe her? What do you owe her?" Hanni asked a bit confused.

"I owe her a lot," I sighed out.

"But you've got saving and your parents could probably help pay her off. How much of a debt can you have?" Hanni seemed really shocked.

"Kindness can't be paid with money," I answered her before getting to get off the bus.

- Hanni POV -

I never understood why Y/n cared so much about Minji.

Minji was rich and famous and she didn't seem the type to look twice at someone like Y/n.

Y/n was simple and ambitious like me. We didn't need peoples money or a status to feel content with our lives.

"Such a fool," I sighed to myself as I reached the front door of my house.

I felt as stupid as always.

I had gotten jealous over the fact that Y/n had fond feelings for a girl who wasn't even a threat to me.

"Why are you sulking again?" I heard someone suddenly say from behind me.

I wasn't surprised anymore...

I knew it was Dani. 

"Another hard day of silently loving Y/n?" Dani teased.

"Oh, shut up!" I chuckled.