Bubble Gum - K. MJ x Reader

Narrator

Soft rays of sun were shining through the little cracks of the window. The waves were splashing on the shore, and small yawns could be heard throughout the beach house.

"Good morning, Honey!" A cheerful mother greeted.

"The weather is nice out. You should go down to the beach. Explore with the locals!" An encouraging dad smiled widely.

All their yawning baby could do was nod.

- Minji POV -

I was yawning all the way down to the beach town. Hands in my shorts and the collar of my shirt unevenly laid, while I found it difficult to pick up my slides from the floor.

I had been in a bit of a funk lately, so my parents decided to take me on a trip.

I think it was a nice gesture from them but I was still finding it hard to enjoy everything.

"You know, some gum could help that yawning out!" A local suddenly caught my attention.

*AWWWHHH*

I yawned again as I tried to pretend like I didn't hear them.

"I can guarantee you that the gum here is very special!" The local tried again.

I did my best to ignore them. I wasn't trying to be rude. It's just that they weren't the only vendor along the beach trying to sell something.

"I know you heard me. I promise this gum is so special that it could put a smile on your pretty face," The local was trying so hard that it actually made me smile a bit.

"Alright, what's so special about it?" I softly asked.

"Here, open it to find out. It's on me!" The local excitedly handed me a pack of bubble gum.

I hesitated for a bit but eventually took it. All the vendors nearby were watching us and they all seemed so eager for me to take it.

I figured it would be rude to not take it in case this specific gum was something special to the locals.

"Thank you," I gave the local a smile as I placed the gum in my pockets.

"Make sure you open it!" The gum vendor yelled as I continued on my way.

"I promise it'll make your day better if you just open it!" He continued to yell as I faded into the distance.

The simple gesture of a local lifted my mood a bit, and I found a soft smile resting on my face as the way went on.

After exploring the beach town for a few hours, I bought a sandwich and a signature drink a local shop owner recommended. I made my way down to the shore and found a flat slick rock to enjoy my lunch on.

"This is actually kind of nice," I smiled as the fresh ocean scent surrounded me.

*SLUUURRPPP*

Finishing a meal next to the ocean waves was a refreshing experience. I hadn't done so in a long time.

I breathed in the air along me and exhaled deeply.

I hadn't been this relaxed in months.

"The ocean looks so beautiful," I thought to myself.

I reached for my phone to capture the moment but was met with something else. I pulled out the what it was and found the gifted pack of bubble gum on my palm.