End Up Different - M. DN x Reader

Narrator

Y/n hated Dani so much.

Y/n and Dani had dated in past, but now... they both had to pretend like nothing happened.

- Dani POV -

I was devastated to find out that the new company I was hired at was the same exact company that Y/n ran.

"Listen, I didn't know you were the new marketing director we had hired," Y/n sighed out.

"What? So, now you're gonna fire me?!" I asked a bit irritated.

"No, I'm not," Y/n coldly answered.

"What?" I asked a bit confused.

Y/n had always hated me.

Y/n never seemed like they would forget what happened between us in college.

"I'm not a kid anymore. We're not kids anymore. If you were the best we could hire than I trust that you'll be a great addition to our company," Y/n circled around me with a light smile.

I couldn't lie that I felt relieved by Y/n's words.

I was expecting some sort of childish fight between us, but it really seemed like Y/n had grown up.

"Now, please go ahead and enjoy your job as best as you can," Y/n gave me a smile.

I smiled back and bowed before leaving Y/n's office.

- Y/N POV -

I sighed out of frustration that Dani had been hired into my company.

I had always hated how things ended with me and Danielle.

Dani and I were like the perfect couple.

We communicate, always respected each others ideas, and hardly ever felt the need to tell each other what to do.

That's until, my father unexpectedly died.

Danielle didn't like that I was the next in line to run a huge company in South Korea.

We fought so much about it, that we ended up breaking up...

Because of that, I took a lower position in the company.

I never really hated Dani for our breakup. I was just bitter about how she left me at a time that I needed her the most.

Danielle was like the pillar I tied my body around when I broke a bone.

As long as Dani was around, I could hold myself up.

But then...

She just left.

We had a huge fight and ended up breaking up.

It was even right before I asked her to marry me.

"Sajangnim, I have a letter from your mother!" My assistant suddenly walked into my office.

"My mother?" I asked a bit confused.

My mother had passed away about two months prior...

So, it seemed a bit impossible for my mom to send me a letter...

By mail at most.

"Let me see that," I said a bit confused.

I stared at the letter for a bit, before noticing that my assistant was hovering.