Revenge - L. HY x Reader

Narrator

"WHY WONT YOU FIGHT BACK!?!" Young Lee yelled.

Master Lee always thought she'd feel a bit cathartic the moment she avenged her family's murder. She thought she'd feel a sense of justice...,

But instead she was left with nothing but guilt.

- Queen Lee -

I couldn't do it.

"FIGHT BACK!!!" I ordered again.

Y/n just stared at me with those soft eyes and awaited their punishment.

"WHY WON'T YOU FIGHT BACK?!?" I yelled in pure rage.

I couldn't stand the sight of Y/n just standing there with their arms open. It was like as if they were awaiting their punishment.

"FIGHT BACCCKKK!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"If getting revenge has been your whole life's goal, then who am I to stop you from finding a new way of living," Y/n calmly responded.

Their response just drove me over the edge.

"You're so arrooggannt!!" I lifted my sword over my shoulder and charged at Y/n.

This was it.

This was the moment I had been waiting for my whole life.

I had befriended Y/n when we were kids for this specific moment. I had made sure to make Y/n believe that we were friends, that our bloodlines didn't matter, that there was no reason to think that I hated them....

I had purposely made arrangements for Y/n and I to across paths as kids...

But now that it was time to reveal the real reason I was here...

I couldn't do it.

I couldn't kill my best friend.

"AAARRGGGHHH!!!" I swung my sword over my shoulder...

Watching as Y/n just stood there.

- Servant Y/n -

If revenge was what Master Lee sought out then who was I to stop her.

My father had mercilessly killed the entire royal family over a rice scarcity. His entire family was starving and he did what he thought was right.

Murder is a sin...

But any true parent would go to hell and back to ensure the health and wellbeing of their children.

The only reason Master Lee survived was because she was merely a child. The same age I was at the time... and my father... he couldn't bring himself to kill a mere child.

After my father's arrest, my whole family was to be executed in front of the whole kingdom....

And they were.

The only reason I was spared was because....

Master Lee personally walked up to hold my hand before my execution, I was the last to be executed, and forgave me for my family's sins.

That's how Hyein became the Queen. That's how we became best friends. That's how we bonded of the deaths of our families.

I always wondered why Master Lee was so kind to me, why she never showed any resentment over what my father did, but I knew one day she'd break...

And today was that day.

I held my head up high and lifted my arms ready to be crucified.

I watched as Hyein lifted her sword and waited for the strike of her sharp sword to reach my body.