10 Years (Hanni Version) - P. HN x Reader

Narrator

Hanni had always liked Y/n.

Y/n and Hanni were friend ever since they were kids, but Y/n only ever had eyes for Haerin.

That's until the fog in Y/n's eyes finally cleared up a little bit.

- Hanni POV -

"I guess Haerin is going through something," I awkwardly told Y/n as they walked me home.

Haerin had shown up to the studio all drunk and heartbroken because Y/n wasn't paying much attention to her.

A few years ago, I would have found that cute.

But not anymore.

I had given up my hopes on getting with Y/n, because I saw how well Haerin and Y/n got along. But over the years, I watched as Haerin would constantly choose other people over Y/n.

I thought the cycle would never end....

Until, one day it did.

"She'll be fine. She just has some things to figure out," Y/n sighed out.

Y/n was trying to put on a strong front for me, but I saw the way they looked at Haerin. I saw the way their eyes lit up when Haerin asked... "Why don't you love me anymore?"

"What are you listening to anyway?" Y/n suddenly asked.

I thought it was cute that Y/n had called Haerin a cab home and decided to walk me home, but to be honest I thought everything Y/n did was cute.

Even when my heart ached a little, I thought Y/n was just the sweetest.

"It's just a song," I awkwardly responded.

Y/n suddenly took the headphone in my ear out and placed it in their ear.

"COMPANY" by Unusual Demont was playing... and I started to feel a little embarrassed...

This was a song I listened to at times where I felt a little heartbroken and used by Y/n.

"Fair in war and love
Why you leave me numb?
And that's true
I know
Looking for you baby
I'll get used
I know
Only for ya darling, I got juice
You know
Hit me up I'll end up getting bruised
I know
You don't keep me
Company,"

I couldn't help but smile when Y/n suddenly started singing to the song.

"You know this song?" I asked a bit surprised.

"Yeah!" Y/n gave me a smile of contempt.

It looked like maybe Y/n had similar feelings to mine behind the song.

"Btw, thanks for tonight," Y/n suddenly bumped my shoulder.

"Yeah, no problem. It was just one class anyway," I playfully hit their shoulder back.

"No, I mean.... I had a lot of fun dancing with you," Y/n caught me off guard.

My whole body wanted to stop and process the sudden complement, but I couldn't let Y/n see how I was really feeling.

*BUZZ, BUZZ*

Y/n's phone suddenly started going off.

I knew it was Haerin, but Y/n refused to pick it up in front of me.