Stepsiblings - K. MJ x Reader

Narrator

"How could you ask me that when you abandoned me and forced me to be the strongest I ever had to be?" Minji coldly asked Y/n.

The last few snowflakes of the season were dropping in the silent night.

"You were the oldest. I figured you were clueless or in favor of our parents," Y/n lowly answered.

"You always seemed to want to hold the family together. It was like you didn't notice that we didn't belong in the first place. It's like you didn't notice that our parents were shit since the beginning," Y/n tried to gain some confidence.

- Minji POV -

"YOU THINK I DIDN'T?!" I lost my cool for a bit.

Ever since Y/n got outcasted for speaking out against the family, I was the one to bear all the unpleasant weight of the family.

I was used to being the perfect child. The one who had to take care of this little kid I had no relation to until a few years ago. I was the one who had to keep the family whole.

But, when Y/n left...

I was suddenly the shit bearer.

"You think that I didn't feel your absence? You think that I didn't start to ask myself where everything changed? How everything started to feel like it was suddenly unbearable?" I tried to swallow every other curse word that tried to come out of my mouth.

"You think I didn't start to ask myself if this was how you felt?" I tried to hold back my tears.

Being two separate parts of a whole was never easy.

Y/n came from somewhere I didn't...

And it was hard.

It wasn't that we didn't belong together, it was that our whole lives we were treated as if we weren't whole.

We knew we weren't whole.

I felt fine without a mother...

Most of the time.

And Y/n never questioned what a father was.

- Y/N POV -

The snow was weak but harsh. I could see my breath still trying to freeze in the bit of ice-cold weather left.

"All I asked was if you were doing okay," I answered Minji.

Minji stood there frozen.

"Do you feel like siblings?" She suddenly asked.

I chucked in amusement at her sudden question.

"Yeah, neither do I...," She mumbled under her breath.

"Just another basic part of life that I lack. Nothing new," I informed her.

"Well, it's new to me!!" Minji suddenly grabbed me by the jacket.

"You think I'd rather see you as the bad guy?! Or see the real truth!?!" She grabbed a tighter hold.

"Then see the real truth!" I pushed her off of me.

"You don't see the truth because you don't want to!" I started to lose my temper.

"If you ask me, you're just a coward!" I yelled in anger.

"So what if I am!? What if I'm stuck in my role just like you are?!" Minji started to push me around.

"I'M NOT STUCK BEING THE SCAPEGOAT FOR EVERYTHING. SO YOU'RE NOT STUCK BEING THE OLDER SIBLING!!!" I pushed her back.

Minji fell back against the snow and I started to feel bad.

I couldn't just help Minji back up though. I had to make sure she understood the point I was trying to get across.

"What if I need a little time?" Minji's tears dropped on the snow.

"Then that's alright. It'll take some time. Just don't beat yourself up. You obviously know something's wrong," I finally helped her back up.

"That's more than I thought you knew," I sniffled as I tried to avoid eye contact.

"Shut up!" Minji suddenly pulled me into a hug.

"I missed you," She whispered as she held me tightly.

"Yeah, me too...," I whispered back.

Funny to think this all started because I asked...

"How are you?" 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: A bit odd and different. I don't know, what to think about it?