Frogs & Games - K. HR x Reader

Narrator

Kang Haerin was a bit different than the rest of the kids in her neighborhood.

She spent a lot time playing video games and staying in doors, being too shy to make friends with all the other kids in the neighborhood. Until one day, she saw a frog jumping around her back yard.

"Frankie! Frankie!"

Haerin heard someone yelling from the other side of her fence.

She shyly looked over her fence to see a frantic kid around her age yelling.

"Frankie!"

The frog then jumped on Haerin's shoe and she got down to pick it up.

"Where did that frog go again?!" She heard the kid on the other side say sounding frustrated.

Haerin then placed the frog on the tip of her finger and shyly lifted over the fence for its rightful owner to see.

"FRANKIE!!" The kid exclaimed then skipped over to look over the fence.

"Oh hey! Looks like you made a friend!" The kid said going up to sit on the edge of the fence.

"What's your name?" The kid asked Haerin.

"I'm Hae-Haerin," Haerin shyly replied.

"Well Frankie, introduced yourself!" The kid said and the frog cutely ribit.

"This is Frankie and I'm y/n!" The kid introduced themselves.

"Frankie loves to sneak into your backyard so I'm happy you two have become acquainted!" Y/n exclaimed as Haerin started to pet the little frog on her finger.

"I've never seen you before, are you new to the neighborhood?" Y/n asked Haerin.

Haerin shook her head no.

"I like your frog," She randomly told y/n and Frankie ribit at her.

Ever since that day, Y/n and Haerin were inseparable.

- Y/N POV -

It had been 6 years since I met Haerin in the backyard.

"Do you want banana milk?" I asked Haerin as she played with Frankie.

She didn't respond but I got her one anyway.

I came back and she was talking to him like she always does. Ritbiting and Meowing at him like a weirdo.

"I never understand you," I told her as I handed her a milk.

She meowed at me and I furrowed my brows at her trying not to laugh.

"So, what do you wanna do?" I asked her.

"Do you wanna come over and play video games?" Haerin asked in turn.