VRU . IV - P. HN x Reader

Narrator

Hanni ended up feeling lonely once Y/n logged off.

No matter how hard VRU was working to stabilize her mood, Hanni kept fighting against it to feel what she really felt.

Now that she knew what was really going on and saw how harmful VRU really is... she no longer wanted it to be in control of her...

Y/n on the other hand, Y/n was coming up with a new care plan to help Hanni slowly start to get ready for download.

- Y/N POV -

I was really thankful that Minji introduced me to Sakura. I was also really thankful that Sakura agreed to help me build a restricted sector in VRU for Hanni.

Sakura liked the concept of VRU when it was in beta, but the final product was something her parents warned her about. So, instead of depriving Sakura of the experience of VRU, they built her a private sector without all the health debilitating aspects.

Later on, Sakura's parent taught her how to code and construct in VRU. That's why Sakura is able to manipulate the VRU map and all of the VRU components.

She even knows how to keep it out of the eyes of the government.... since what she's doing is super illegal...

"Alright, I just need you to sign this NDA and release of liability form so we can finally enter your sector," I handed Hanni a pen.

Hanni gave me a wide smile and signed the paperwork without hesitation.

"Alright, let's go in!" Sakura exclaimed.

Sakura entered the password to Hanni's sector and it started to materialize all around us.

I had based Hanni's sector on information I gathered from her parents, her friends, and the pictures all around her room.

"Woahh, that's my house!!" Hanni squealed and just took off running.

Sakura and I watched her with huge smiles on our faces.

"Thank you so much," I turned to bow to Sakura.

"It's no problem. I'm happy Doctors like you exist. If you need any modifications or want to recode something just let me know," Sakura said with a bow.

I gave her a soft smile and Sakura logged off.

"Y/n, come see! I'll give you a tour of my house," Hanni suddenly ran out to drag me into her house.

"This is the main living area, and that way is the kitchen, and my room is this way!!" She excitedly told me.

I couldn't help but smile at how happy she looked.

"This is my room!!" She squealed out.

"I know," I chuckled out.

"Oh, right....," Hanni's mood suddenly dropped.

I watched Hanni's vitals on my watch drop a little, but not too much.

I had asked Sakura to leave the VRU brain chemicals at 50% since I needed to slowly bring Hanni's brain off of them.

If I cut them out completely like in Sakura's sector then I could risk Hanni having a heart attack or maybe even a stroke.

Also, I needed Hanni to start getting comfortable with real emotions without putting her in a panic state.

"Hey, it's okay. I want you to tell me about it. I'm just a stranger in your life. I want to learn more about you. Get to know what you like and how you were raised," I reached over to caress her cheek.