Coming Out - K. MJ x Reader

Narrator

Y/n was the new member of newjeans. She had joined the group after one year of the groups debut. You could say that Ador is the definition of "Don't let them know your next move".

Y/n was a foreign member so she was having a hard time adjusting to a new country and also trying not to fall in love with her members.

One thing about y/n is that she had never felt the need to come out to anyone.... but when she moved to South Korea, it was different.

- Y/N POV -

Minji unnie had been so kind and helpful ever since I joined the group. It was hard to not fall for her, but I did my best.

Minji was a real unnie to me. I ran to her when I needed her, when I wanted to talk, when I was sad or happy..... just anything I ever wanted to talk about.... I would always look for her first.

We were sitting down in the dorm's living room sofa. We were all alone while the rest of the girls were out for a walk.

"Unnie.... I- I- I'm gay," I whispered as we watched tv.

"Oh-" Minji unnie simply replied.

My heart was racing, I was sweaty, and all I wanted was to cry.

I didn't know what reaction I had expected but that wasn't that.

Suddenly, Minji unnie pulled me into a hug and caressed the back of my head. "It's okay, we all still love you" She whispered to me as she tried to comfort me.

I couldn't help but to sob.

"It's okay, don't cry" She continued to whisper.

I pulled away from the hug.... realizing my heart was beating for her this whole time.

"Unnie..... I- I'm sorry if i ever made you feel uncomfortable. I'm sorry if now you feel like you have to be careful with me," I told her as I looked down to avoid her eyes.

"You haven't and I don't have to do that. You're my friend. Plus, it doesn't matter what you like or what your heart chooses as long as you're happy," Minji unnie replied as she tucked a stran of hair behind my ear

"You just made me feel really special!" Minji unnie said as she pulled me into another hug.

"I just trust you a lot, unnie!" I whispered back trying not to cry.

It meant a lot to me that Minji was the first person I had ever come out to.

Me and unnie pulled away from our hug.

Now that she knew my secret.... I felt like my heart freed itself from trying not to like her.

"Dammit!" I thought to myself as I felt my heart trying to beat out of my chest.

"Are you okay?" Minji unnie asked. I hadn't noticed that I had been staring at her.

"I- I- I'm good!" I nervously spoke.

"That's good," Unnie replied as she fixed my hair a bit.

I was really nervous. I couldn't stop staring at her lips and the soft look she was giving me was making me even more nervous.

Minji just kept smiling at me and I unconsciously leaned in.... wanting to kiss her.

"WE'RE BACK!" Haerin yelled as they walked into the dorm, coming back from their walk.

"Haerin-ei, don't yell!" Unnie scolded.

Haerin then ran up to her and jumped on her, putting all her weight on her.