When I Cry - K. HR x Reader

Narrator

"Don't make my little sister cry!" Y/n yelled at the little boys picking on Haerin.

Y/n pushed the boys on the floor then threw sand at them. "How do you like it!?!" She yelled.

"She's crazy, let's get out of here," The leader of the group told the other boys, and they all took off running.

- Haerin POV -

"Are you alright?" Y/n asked as we stood in line to get the bus.

"Mhm," I hummed... trying to hide the fact that I had been crying.

Y/n was always very overprotective of me. Since we were little kids.

It was a bit annoying at times but I couldn't deny that I really appreciated it.

Sometimes it felt like Y/n had this sixth sense, every time I cried, anywhere I was, she'd come running.

"Hey, is your sister okay?" Yuna, Y/n's friend, asked.

"Yeah," Y/n coldly responded but putting her arm around me to comfort me.

I knew then that she already knew I had been crying. She just didn't wanna ask until we were in a more private setting.

She was sweet like that. She didn't like putting too much pressure on me to tell her what going on. Although... most of the time she somehow knew.

"You want the window seat?" Y/n asked once we got to our seats.

"Mhm," I sniffled a little.

"Hey, is your sister okay?" Another person asked.

"Yeah, she's fine. Just give her some space right now," Y/n snapped a bit.

Y/n and I aren't actually related. She just always told everyone that we were sisters so people wouldn't pick on me anymore and it worked.

In reality, Y/n and I have been best friends since we were 5. We grew up right next door to each other and always hung out. Once this group of boys started to pick on me in 1st Grade, Y/n started telling everyone to not mess with her little sister.

I found it sweet at first.... until... I started crushing on her in third grade.

That crush never went away.

"Hey, how come everyone keeps asking me if you're okay? Did something happen?" Y/n leaned in to ask as I stared out the window of the bus.

"No, everything is okay," I lied.

I didn't want to tell Y/n that her crush had called me slow in front of the whole class for not being able to remember what time our class had to board the buses for our trip.

"You're so fucking stupid and slow sometimes, I swear I have no idea how you're even related to Y/n," Wonyoung had told me, earlier today.

"I know you're lying but alright," Y/n responded.

The bus ride to the snow cabin was taking a lot longer than I thought.

"This is taking forrrevvverr," Y/n started to complain.

I giggled a bit at her annoyed behavior.

"Just take a nap or something. I'll wake you up when we get there," I told her.

"Uggh, okay," She whined.

"But can I use your shoulder as a pillow?" She asked right after.

"Always," I giggled.