Prove Me Wrong - K. MJ x Reader

Narrator

The music was blasting in the dance studio and Y/n knew just who was in there.

You could say it was Y/n's worst nightmare, but Y/n liked to think it was a bittersweet rivalry with the girl they liked.

- Minji POV -

"Private session!" I yelled as I heard the studio door open.

"It's just me!" Y/n raised their hands as if to surrender.

I bit my lip at the sight of babe, but I knew better than to let Y/n join me.

"You know it's cheating if you see my routine," I walked over to peck Y/n on the lips.

"I know," Y/n wrapped their arms around my waist.

Y/n and I would soon be competing against each other in a dance competition. We were in different dance crews but sometimes were able to dance together when the competition rules weren't so strict.

But this time, the upcoming dance competition didn't allow for dance crews to merge...

So, it was kind of a nightmare to have to compete against each other.

Still, we did our best to enjoy the friendly rivalry.

"But I won't tell my crew what you're doing if you don't tell mine," Y/n smirked.

I raised an eyebrow a bit intrigued.

"Fine," I visibly bit my tongue.

- Y/N POV -

"What are you working on anyway?" I exhaled.

I couldn't lie that I was a bit intimidated by Minji's skills. She was very creative when she wanted to be and she was kind of unpredictable at times.

That's what made her a great asset to her crew.

Only problem was that Minji didn't see things that way.

"I don't know yet," Minji turned to look at me really serious

"What do you mean you don't know? What was that dance you were doing just now?" I asked a bit confused.

"I was just playing around. It wasn't anything serious," Minji ran her hands through her hair.

"Well, I still wanna see it. I feel like you don't give yourself enough of a chance sometimes," I squatted down.

"I do. It's just that my ideas are shit," Minji kept complaining.

"Oh c'mon, stop being humble and show me!" I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Y/n," Minji glared at me.

I shut up to please her for a second, but I couldn't keep quiet for long. Part of the reason why I had even interrupted her session was to see if she was beating herself up.

"Prove me wrong then," I challenged her.

"Huh?" Minji looked at me confused.

"Prove to me that your idea is shit. Let me see wtf you were doing," I got up to face her.

"Don't tempt me right now," Minji got a mischievous smile on her face.

"I'm not. According to you, you suck. What exactly am I tempting you to do?" I returned her demeanor.

"It'll be boring anyway!" I yawned.

"Fine!" Minji scoffed...

And walked over to change the song on her phone.

- Minji POV -

Y/n was an expert at pushing my buttons.

Thought I couldn't lie, Y/n probably learned that from me.

"You want to see my dumb idea. Fine. Watch me!" I scoffed.

I played "Like A Boy" By Ciara, and got in position.

I started my routine, but Y/n's presence was making me nervous.

"Okay, Ciara!" Y/n yelled.

"I Love The Ciara Moves!!" Y/n cheered once they noticed I added moved from the original music video.

"C'mon, babe! Act like you hate me!" Y/n kept encouraging me in their silly way.

I couldn't hold back my laugh.

- Y/N POV -

Minji started laughing all of a sudden but then got really serious. She walked over towards me and slightly pushed me.

"What if I, had a thing on the side...
Made you cry?!" She started signing.

"Okay, all rounder!" I teased.

"Sometimes I wish I could act like a boy!" You could see Minji's veins popping out.

I bit my lip a bit scared.

"If I played you, would you like that?
Had friends, would you like that?
Never called, would you like that?
Nah, nah, you wouldn't like that!"

Minji was dancing and singing at this point.

- Minji POV -

The song came to an end and I suddenly realized what just happened.

"I proved you wrong, didn't I?" I chuckled in embarrassment.

"Yup!" Y/n gave me a mischievous smile.

I playfully rolled my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I thought you really hated me for a second there," Y/n started to laugh.

"Don't be silly. It's just performing," I playfully pushed Y/n back.

Y/n was my biggest supporter, but also my biggest rival.

Although, it was kind of nice to have a lover and an enemy all in one.

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Idk where this story was going.... but am I the only one that thinks Minji is an all rounder? Like singing, dancing, visuals? >.<