Fake Wife - M. DN x Reader

Narrator

Danielle and Y/n-ssi had been married for 3 years now. Of course, it was all only on paper.

You see, they had a contract they needed to abide by.

Danielle would visit Y/n-ssi 4 times a week, 3 days of the weekdays, and 1 on the weekend, to pretend to be Y/n's wife.

- Y/N POV -

Lately, I had been trying to break off the contract with Ms. Mo. Three years seemed good enough to say, "I tried and it didn't work".

She came to me, Danielle, and asked if I needed help.

All my life I wanted to escape the arrange marriage my parents had set up for me. I had never fallen in love and I knew I never would.

So, I hired Ms. Mo to be my wife.

After 3 years, I decided it was enough time.... except, Ms. Mo didn't seem to like that.

"You hired me for 5 years, 5 years is what I will give you," She said as we ate dinner.

"Yes, but I think 3 years is enough. You will still get your full payment, you don't have to worry about that. I am the one breaking off the contract," I informed her.

"Our time is up, we can talk about this another time," Danielle-ssi coldly said as she gathered her things then walked out.

19:00 had always been our end time for each meeting. It was arranged that way so I could be in bed by ten.

- Dani POV -

"That jerk!" I whispered to myself as I walked out of y/n-ssi' home.

"Ugh, why did I have to fall for such a cold weirdo?!" I asked myself in frustration.

I recollected myself and flipped my hair behind my shoulder. I then took the elevator down to the parking garage and got in my Jaguar to leave.

It had been 3 years exactly since we had signed our contract.

Before our agreement, Y/n-ssi was someone I saw on a daily. They showed up to the same coffee shop as me and get the same drink everyday. Y/n would then sit down all by themselves....

This went on for a year.

After a year, y/n-ssi began to bring dates to their coffee trips. Never seeming too invested in the conversations or even seeming to be paying attention to what their dates were saying.

One day, I was at the coffee shop and found myself seeing Y/n-ssi on the cafe's TV. It was news about them becoming chairman of one of the biggest beer manufacturers in South Korea.

In that moment, everything clicked.

Y/n-ssi was going on blind dates to be married off.

The following time, I saw Y/n walk in with a beautiful girl. Haewon-ssi, the daughter of JYP entertainments CEO.

They had their date and it was short. After Haewon-ssi left, I noticed the look of distress and desperation in Y/n's eyes.

I walked up to Y/n and offered my help.

Ever since, we've been married.

As my night went by, I couldn't wait to go back to see Y/n-ssi.

I didn't want our contract to end.

I had made the mistake for falling for Y/n.

Although secretly, I was hoping that before our 5 years contract ended.... Y/n would have fallen for me too... but that hope was lost when y/n decided they wanted to end our contract.