Proposal - K. HR x Reader

Narrator

Kang Haerin has been in love with Y/n, one of the youngest CEOs in South Korea, for 5 years now. They've spent 5 wonderful years together but lately things feel off.

Y/n has been busy with business trips very often lately. Never checking in or calling anymore.

Haerin has been crying herself to sleep at least once a week, wondering if y/n has just gotten bored of her or is maybe cheating on her.

Tonight, Haerin picked up the phone and decided to call y/n.

"Yeoboseyo?" Y/n answered the phone.

"Hey, it's me. I miss you," Haerin said with a shaky voice.

"Hey, baby. I miss you too but listen I'm a bit busy right now. I'll call you later," Y/n responded and hung up the phone without letting Haerin say another word.

Haerin felt her heart break again for like the 5 time that month.

Her eyes started to get watery. She begged herself not to cry again but she couldn't help it. Tears started rolling down her cheek and before any of her team members could see, she went to go hide in the bathroom.

She spent 15 minutes trying to control her tears.

"This is my fault," She kept telling herself.

Haerin kept thinking about how maybe things got too boring for y/n. That maybe being old fashion and waiting to do anything until marriage was the reason y/n is avoiding her.

"Dammit!" Haerin crying under breath, finally getting herself together.

She walked out of the bathroom and accidentally bumped into Minji.

"Hey, are you okay?" Minji asked her, noticing her face was flushed with fluffy eyes and a rosy nose.

"Yes, unnie. Just feeling a little sick," Haerin lied and quickly made her way to her room.

Haerin snuggled into her bed and she broke down again.

Being asked is she was okay... it was too much.

While Haerin spent her night silently crying yet again, Y/n was at her childhood home bowing down to her parents for Haerin's hand in marriage.

- Y/N POV -

"Please, I love your daughter. I love her so much that I'd do anything for her. I'd do anything for you too. I want to be part of your family and you a part of mine. Please let me marry Kang Haerin-ssi," I said while bowing down on my knees to Haerin's parents.

"Stand up," Haerin's father said coldly.

"Yes, sir" I answered him and did as I was told.

Haerin's mother then grabbed my hand and said, "We could not think of anyone more worthy to marry our daughter."

"You've been wonderful for all the 5 years you have been together. You've always respected her decisions and never complained," She added.

"You both decided to wait till marriage to move in together and to.... well do other things," Haerin's father said chuckling a bit.

"She told them that?!" I asked myself feeling a bit embarrassed.

"I think 5 years has been long enough. It's time to get married bud," Her dad said patting my back.

I let out a sigh of relief and excitedly hugged them, thanking them over and over again.

"Here's the engagement proposal invitation. I expect you there and If you need anything please don't hesitate to call me!" I told them handing them an envelope.