After The Fact (Newjeans High)

Narrator

It had been a few months since the huge scandal that Minji and Y/n had caused in the LA airport.

Minji was both ostracized and adored for her public display of affection with her ex-wife.

Still Hybe and the entire industry stood by her in support. Soon, everyone started to forget.

- Kim Minji -

It had been an exhausting 6 months of controversies.

I was excluded from certain show filmings, put on a one month hiatus, and the public was divided on if I should stay in Newjeans or not.

But, it was all worth it....

For a final kiss with the love of my life.

It was yet another tiring night after a long work day. I stumbled into the house, took off my shoes, and let out a deep deep breath.

"Long day, Babe?" I suddenly heard someone say.

I shook it off as me having another internal conversation with the person I missed the most.

I sighed, lowered my head in disappointment, and dragged my feet into the living room.

Suddenly, I began to hear music.

"Huh?" I questioned.

Finally, I looked up.... only to find the love of my life leaning up against the wall.... as if it was the most casual thing for her to do.

My eyes started to fill with tears and I couldn't help but to run into Y/n's arms.

"Did you miss me?" I heard her whisper.

I looked up and my body began extremely heavy. My heart suddenly felt like it couldn't pump anymore. I felt like breaking down.

"I missed you," Y/n whispered as she cupped my face and leaned down slowly to place a gentle kiss on my lips.

"I miss you!" I cried out as I started to fall to my knees.

I was suddenly swept off my feet and carried to my bedroom.

My eyes started to feel heavy as I snuggled my head onto Y/n's chest.

Soon enough, I fell into a deep sleep.

When I came to it....

There was nobody next to me.

I sighed to myself and leaned up against my headboard.

"I have to stop being delusional," I whispered to myself as I curled up into a ball.

My house felt empty. As empty as it always felt.

Suddenly, I started to hear water running.

"Huh?" I questioned out loud.

I slowly got up, thinking it was Mark or my manager checking up on me.

I dragged myself out of bed then dragged my feet out of my room.... I was shock to find Y/n standing in front of my kitchen sink... hand washing my dishes.

I looked around to find my house spotless.

My house had been a mess for months. I didn't have the energy to clean or even had the energy to find someone to clean it for me.