Esoteric (Pt. III) - K. HR x Reader

Narrator

A long and quiet ride was upon everyone.

The outcome of the situation was not what anyone had expected.

Even with the longing feeling of wanting to be closer to Kang Haerin, Y/n was not one to be accessory to infidelity.

- Y/N POV -

Miss Kang didn't look too happy with me.

After her attempts to kiss me, I ended up setting a clear boundary.

"I don't care if your husband cheats on you. I am not going to get in between a marriage!" I angrily yelled. 

"He is not my husband!" Haerin-ssi yelled back.

Haerin really seemed to dislike her fiancé.

"Driver, pull over!" She angrily ordered.

I gulped, uneasy with her request.

"Is she going to just leave me in the middle of nowhere?" I thought to myself.

Still, I tried to keep calm.

The driver soon pulled over at a rest stop and Haerin-ssi got out of the car. I followed after and walked over to the trunk.... expecting for my bags to be handed to me...

"What are you doing?" Miss Kang suddenly asked.

"I- I thought you were d-dropping me off," I stuttered out.

Haerin just sighed and shook her head. "I just need some air. I'm not upset with you for having morals," she softly spoke.

I took a deep breath, let it out, and nodded in response.

Haerin-ssi turned her back to me began to walk away.

Her driver pulled out a cigarette and walked over to a nearby smoking zone.

It felt like we had been there for a good half an hour.

I continuously kept an eye on Haerin.

After all, that's how I had fallen for her.

Every so often, she'd turn around to look in my direction.... as if she was checking on me...

"Huh? She looks different today," I started to think

Her sense of fashion looked much different than what she'd wear at the office or what she wore at the bus.

"Maybe I really don't know anything about her," I sighed out to myself.

Five more minutes passed and I began to feel uneasy.

It was an eerie feeling.

As if being watched.

A blacked out car suddenly started to circle the rest stop. It drove slower and slower as it reached where Haerin was standing.