VRU . II - P. HN x Reader

Narrator

Without even realizing it, 4 months had passed by and Y/n had been kind of enjoying VRU.

Y/n would work and hang out with Hanni afterward. They had sort of become like gaming buddies.

Hanni would ask Y/n personal questions and Y/n would ignore her.

Y/n knew that all their personal information was already uploaded into VRU, but they didn't want to add more data that the program could collect.

Hanni, on the other hand, was happy to share everything about her life.

Except one thing.

- Hanni POV -

"Goooaallllll!!!" Y/n cheered and ran around the field celebrating with the crowd.

Ever since I met Y/n, I had changed a lot of the games and activities I did in my VRU.

Y/n didn't like the gory games I played or the fantasy games I liked. They liked more sports games and crowd-driven activities, like football.

"Are you sure you don't want to celebrate with a beer?" I asked Y/n for the 3rd time during the game.

In the whole time I had known Y/n, Y/n hadn't eaten or drank with me in the VRU world. They always said they could get that in the real world.

I always thought it was a joke, but Y/n did log off for a few hours a day. So... maybe it was true...

"Oh, fuck it! It's my last night in VRU anyway," Y/n chuckled as they sat back in their seat.

I materialized us both some beers and paid.

Y/n had been saying it was their last time in VRU all day.

I didn't know what it meant and Y/n wouldn't tell me. I was starting to think that maybe they were sick and dying...

Or maybe Y/n had finally gotten bored of me and wanted to block me.

We had been gaming buddies for 4 months now. It felt more like two weeks, but either way... it was a long time...

I wasn't ready to give up my URF.

Y/n had been my longest URF ever.

"Woah, the chemical excess this gives almost creates euphoria," Y/n looked at the beer a little oddly.

Y/n always said things like that.

VRU was all about reclusion, chemical imbalances, and invasion of privacy to Y/n.

I didn't understand why Y/n only ever saw the bad things about VRU instead of going with the flow, but I guess I liked them because they were so different than everyone else.

"Did you like the game?" Y/n asked.

In the blink of an eye, the game was over and we were walking over to Y/n's lobby.

"Yeah, I guess," I answered a little bummed.

"I wish I could spend some more time, but I have to catch a flight in the real world tomorrow," Y/n informed me.

I was a bit shocked.

I didn't even know planes still flew in the real world.