The Confession - K. MJ x Reader

Narrator

Minji was packing her bags to go to America. She had been accepted to an acting program at NYU in New York.

This was her last week at school. She wouldn't even be attending her undergrad graduation because school started earlier in America.

- Kim Minji -

It was the Monday of my last week of school and y/n was still not talking to me because they were upset that I was leaving.

It's not like we're that close.

We were classmates in High School and then drifted away because I took a year off before starting college.

But, I was still sad that y/n was just ignoring me on my last week here. We had become so closed over the last few years and now they're just acting like I'm a stranger.

"Ms. Kim?" I got sucked out of my thought when my professor asked me something.

"Ms. Kim? Are you excited to go to America?" My professor asked st the end of class.

"Yes, professor. Thank yoy for your letter of recommendation!" I said bowing in gratitude.

I then exited the classroom and noticed y/n with a group of friends.

"Why is your smile so cute?" I asked in my head as I watch y/n smile and laugh along with their friends.

I walked over to my locker when I suddenly bumped into someone....

It was y/n.

I bowed and they bowed back not saying a word then started to walk away.

"You're really gonna be mad at me for leaving?" I asked.

Y/n-ah turned to look at me and answered, "I'm not mad because you're leaving."

"Then what is?" I asked in turn.

"I'm mad because I was the last one to find out," Y/n answered me then walked away before I could say anything else.

"You were the last to know because It broke my heart to tell you," I said in my head as I watch them walk away.

The week went on and y/n continued to ignore me.

On my last day, I slipped a note into y/n's locker and made my way home to make sure I had everything I needed for my flight tomorrow.

On my way home.... I bumped into y/n.

We were face to face.

Neither of us said a word.

We just looked at each other.

Y/n-ah then started to walk pass me.

"Why don't you want me to go?" I asked as they pass by.

Y/n suddenly stopped.

"Because you could do the same thing here," Y/n answered.

"You want to stop me from chasing my dream because you think the opportunities are the same here?" I asked in frustration.

"I'm not stopping you from anything. That's why I chose to let you be," Y/b answered.

"You don't want me to go. Just say it!" I yelled in anger.

"I can't," Y/n answered then kept on walking.

I rushed home and slammed the door to my room.

"AHHHHHHRRHHHHAAHH!!" I yelled into my pillow.