The Intern Pt. IV - L. HY x Reader

Narrator

Mrs. Lee was in shock.

"I came here to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage," Y/n coldly told her.

It sounded more like a demand than a request.

- Y/N POV -

I could see Mrs. Lee thinking about my offer.

Me marrying Hyein would solve all her problems.

"You have mere hours left to live. I will take care of her and the company. I have the money, the connections, and I will make a family with Hyein if you allow me," I tried to convince her.

Mrs. Lee didn't care about anything else but money.

The only way to convince her to let me marry her daughter was to tell her about all the things I could do for her.

"None of that matters," Mrs. Coldly responded.

"What?!" Hyein suddenly exclaimed.

"That is the literal reason that you made me break up with Y/n in the first place!!!" She yelled at her mother.

I took a deep breath and gave Lee Daepyonim a death stare.

"Sorry," Hyein mumbled out.

"You allow me to marry her and your legacy, the company you built, your bloodline, live on. You die as successful chaebol. You decline my offer and you die a failure," I coldly negotiated.

Mrs. Lee looked at me coldly.

*COUGH, COUGH*

"Mom!" Hyein exclaimed, running up to make sure her mom was okay.

Mrs. Lee was weaker than anyone had ever seen.

In the last 5 years, she had done nothing but be as strong as she could.

I was very commendable...

But her body could only take so much.

"You ta-take care of h-her!" Mrs. Lee cough through her words.

"You keep me alive until the wedding and the full recovery of my company. I- I want to see my le-legacy. You understand!" Mrs. Lee kept trying to be strong.

"Understood," I coldly responded.

My guards suddenly marched into Mrs. Lee hospital room and started to grab her things, preparing to transport her.

"What's going on?" Hyein asked me.

"It's a set up!" Mrs. Lee exclaimed.

"You're being transported to another hospital to ensure you are given the best medical care," My assistant coldly told her.

Mrs. Lee just looked at me for a second before nodding in agreement.

I turned to look at Hyein and coldly said, "Meet me in your office in 2 hours", before marching my way out of the hospital.

- Hyein POV -

I felt slightly offended by Y/n's behavior.

Y/n was acting as if I was a proposal to get mom to ask them for help with the company.

"Thank you for doing this," Mom said as she squeezed my hand.

Y/n's team was transporting mom to the Kim's Hospital and Research Center. One of the top hospital for cancer treatment and experimental cures.