School Weirdos (PT. I) - K. HR x Reader

Narrator

Y/n was a normal kid.

Although they were one of the smartest kids in the school, Y/n wasn't actually a normal student.

Y/n rarely had friends and the teachers all knew of the struggles Y/n had to go through every day.

Haerin on the other hand, was new to the school. She had quickly gained the attention of all of her classmates for having brains and beauty.

Only thing was that Haerin was shy and a bit peculiar.

"Do you have a staring problem or something?"

- Y/N POV -

It was the first week of school, and It was a year like any other. All everyone had done was grow a bit over the summer.

It was stupid, really.... how everyone cared so much about the first day of school or the first week or month.... what was really there to be excited about?

"Can you not see or something? Why the hell are you squinting so much?" My seatmate asked me during class.

"Of course, I can. Fucking take notes and stop looking at me!" I sassed back.

You could say my seatmate was sort of like my friend.

Whenever I did come to school, we'd sit next to each other in class and get kicked out for being too loud. Sometimes we'd hang out during breaks and usually chose each other for school projects.

But outside of school..... I didn't really hang out with anyone.

After the first week of school, we all got assigned seats. I didn't really care since I don't usually come to school or all my classes.... but that was until I noticed one of the new kids at the school kept staring at me.

Every day for the next month, I always found myself uncomfortable. It felt like someone always had their eyes on me..... and I couldn't help but eventually ask the cause of such discomfort what the hell their problem was.

"Do you have a staring problem or something?" I asked Kang Haerin, the cause of my discomfort.

"Huh?" She asked looking a bit confused.

"Alright everyone take your seats!" The teacher suddenly walked in saying.

Haerin headed over to her seat and I found myself annoyed at the lack of answers I received.

For the rest of the class, Haerin still would not stop staring at me.

"Fucking weirdo," I thought to myself.

I ended up not going to school for the rest of the week. I was too tired or drunk or too depressed to even have the energy to fake a smile for my very wonderful and supportive teachers.

It always felt weird.

Everyone knew I was treated differently.... I knew I was treated differently.... but I just couldn't build up my character to not disappoint everyone.

I was let down too many times to believe my teachers and peers actually had my best interest in mind.

But even then, I did my best.

So, the following week.... I attended all my classes.

It was a test week, so I had to at least show up.

"Okay, for this week's chapter final, you'll be doing a partner presentation. You will be graded by presentation and attendance, so make sure to actually show up this week!" The teacher informed the class... while giving me a look.