Esoteric (Pt. IV) - K. HR x Reader

Narrator

The ocean waves came crashing on the shore. Small feet tip toed into the water. You could heard laughter echoing through the wind.

Kang Haerin was the happiest she had ever been in a really long time.

While Y/n, just watched her from a far....

In fear that they were being watched.

- Y/N POV -

I could see it.

I could see the real Haerin.

All the puzzle pieces to her life were revealing themselves one by one.

"Come on, get in the water!" Kang Haerin-ssi yelled.

I took a deep breath and chose not to respond.

I knew Sajangnim's guards were lurking around somewhere. I didn't want them to get the wrong idea. I didn't want Haerin-ssi to be stripped away of her happiness for once.

Most importantly....,

I didn't want to get too close to her....

In case I made a mistake.

"Y/n-ssi, come on!" Haerin-ssi yelled again.

I wasn't budging one bit, so she run up to me and grabbed my hand, dragging me with her into the water.

"You said we could just forget about reality for once!" Kang Haerin giggled out with the widest smile I had yet to see on her face.

"I did say that," I chuckled.

I was happy, because she was happy.

"But come on, let's go inside. You've been playing in the water for hours. The sun is even about to come up," I sighed out.

"Go where?" Haerin cutely asked.

"Your house?" She tease.

I laughed in amusement.

"Of course not silly, I don't want Sajangnim murdering me or something!" I smugly responded.

- Haerin POV -

I rolled my eyes at Y/n's statement and playfully punched them.

"Oow, what was that about?" Y/n-ssi kept on chuckling.

I playfully scoffed and crossed my arms, before saying... "Every time you bring up reality. I'm going to hit you!"

"Why?!" Y/n started to laugh at me.

"Cus..," I pouted in annoyance.

"Cus reality is too painful?" Y/n whispered.

"Yeah," I whispered back, looking down at my feet.

Suddenly, Y/n grabbed my wrist and started pulling me towards the restaurant building.

"I don't want anyone ruining your fun. So, come on. Let's get you a room at the resort," Y/n sternly spoke.

"Resort?" I asked a bit confused.

"I said restaurant, because I don't like people making assumptions about my finances. The restaurant is only one part of the building. The rest is the resort. We'll get you a room, so you can be ALLOWED to do whatever your heart desires," Y/n-ssi seemed to have a determined tone in their voice.

It honestly made my heart fluttere how Y/n said "Allowed to do whatever".

I hadn't heard those words in a while.