Esoteric (Pt. I) - K. HR x Reader

Narrator

The road was bumpy as always.

Y/n always took the bus to school, work, and back.

It had been a long day as usual. Doing the same things, at the same times, with no other objective in life but to survive.

- Y/N POV -

The ride home was long.

It had been 2 years of me doing the same things everyday.

I'd wake up, eat breakfast, go to school, eat lunch, go to my internship, eat dinner, and then go home.

It was a boring routine, but it was something I had gotten used to.

By now, I knew all the stops of all the people that boarded the bus. I knew their names, though hardly any of them knew mine, I knew their habits and their partners and their friends.

It wasn't hard to learn about people's life with the simple action of paying attention.

"Hurry up, I don't have all day!" The bus driver suddenly yelled.

We had stopped at a stop most people don't get on.

"Sorry," A cute girl said as she boarded the bus.

She was a new face.

I had never seen her in the bus before.

She was dressed pretty casual, with a simple purse by her side

She didn't seem like a student and she was dressed too casual to seem like an office worker.

There was nothing that I could tell her about the girl by just one look.

Two stop had gone by and the girl suddenly signaled the bus to stop.

"Huh? She could've just walked it," I thought to myself.

Wasting money to just go two stops away seemed like an odd and lazy thing to do.

Still, for the next few weeks, I watched as this girl got on and off the bus. Each morning. At the same time each day. With a huge smile on her face.

I could never understand what her destination was, but where ever she was going...

She seemed really happy to be going there.

A few more weeks passed and the girl had become just another familiar face on the bus. She wasn't just a familiar face though, she was a game a liked to play when heading to my destination.

I'd seat there making new back stories for her every morning.

One day she was a poor college student who could only afford to ride the bus for two stops. Other days she was an office worker who was too lazy to walk a few blocks from her house.