DITTO (B SIDE) - K. HR x Reader

Narrator

After the school bus incident, everyone returned back to the homes.... except for Y/n-ah and Haerin, who kept insisting to walk each other back home.

- Y/N POV -

"Come on! let me walk you home! You pick me up every morning.... granted you're always late.... but it's the gesture that counts," Haerin cutely said trying to convince me to walk me home.

"No, I picked you up. It's my duty to take you back!" I replying laughing her sulky face.

"Come on! I'll keep you company. I don't want you all alone in that huge house. Your parents won't be back for two more weeks!" Haerin-ei kept trying to reason with me.

"Fine! Okay fine!" I replied.

"But are you sure you're okay?" I asked in a low voice.

Haering giggled and intertwined our fingers together before dragging me in the direction of my house.

"Of course, silly!" Haerin responded as we walked to my house.

We kept giggling and play fighting the whole way home as if nothing had accoured on our trip. As if the accident never happened.

Once we arrived at home, Haerin pushed me in the door and when I turned to look at her while laughing..... she was gone.

"Haerin? Kang Haerin?!" I yelled.... it only echoed through the house.

Suddenly, I felt a quick kiss on my cheek.

"Silly! I'm right here!" Haerin-ei said helping me take off my backpack then setting it on the hook by the door where I always place it.

"Come on, it's time to put you to sleep" Haerin-ei said guiding me to my bed.

I thought that sentence was odd. Haerin had never said that to me before.

As we got into my room, all of a sudden I was already wearing my pajamas. I laid in bed and Haerin tucked me in. She kissed my forehead... which made my heart do a backflip... then whispered, "You can rest now."

Before I knew it.... I had already fallen asleep.

I woke up the next morning with a huge headache but ignore it, too excited to get up and go pick up Haerin.

I ran down to Haerin's house knowing she doesn't like if when I'm more than 5 minutes late.

When I got there I knocked on the door and Mrs. Kang opened the door.... "Haerin is already gone," she told me.

"That's odd, she usually waits for me to get here," I thought to myself.

I shrugged it off and made my way to the school.

When I got there, I noticed Haerin sleeping on her desk. She looked a mess.... like she'd been crying for some reason.

I shook her a bit to wake her up and she open up her eyes.... just staring at me for a bit before giggling a bit and whispering "Silly!"

The class soon started. For the next few days, Haerin was acting a bit odd...... she was a bit distant.

I figured the traumatic event had gotten to her.

I didn't pick her up every morning anymore and she hug out with other people during school. Of course, she never forgot about me.

Haerin always seemed to talk to me when no one was around but she never really turned to look at me. Just sort of talked.

Haerin was always a bit odd so I didn't think much of it. I was just happy to have her in my life... specially after that horrible accident.

Everyday at school, I just watched as she played and ran around the hall with her new friends.