Soccer Captain - M. DN x Reader

Narrator

Y/n is the captain of the soccer team. They have been the captain for the last 2 years.

Recently the captain noticed someone kept attending their practices.

A classmate of their's named Mo Jihye.

- Dani POV -

I missed playing soccer.

When I was younger, I played in a club until I got injured in a car accident.

When I moved to Seoul and to a new school, I was really excited to learn that our school was in the top 3 national high school teams.

Everyday since I had transferred, I made it my goal to catch every game and practice. I wanted to see the team joyfully chasing after the ball, passing, and scoring goals.

The team captain seemed very nice. They never said anything about me attending the practices.... they'd just stare at me when I arrived and then kept on with their practice as if I wasn't there.

The captain was also in a few of my classes but we've never talked.

It was my dream to become a soccer player. Unfortunately, that dream was short lived... but the captain.... they seemed like everything I'd hope I'd be by now.

I found some comfort in attending practices and living my dreams through them. Thought, the captain didn't know that.

I was making my way to the parking lot after the soccer practice when The Captain came running after.

"Ms. Mo!!" They yelled catching my attention.

"Sorry, sorry. I don't meant to bother you but I did some research on you and you used to be a really good player in your old school. I was wondering if you wanted to join the team?" The Captain asked a bit out of breathe.

"I don't play anymore," I answered before turning to walk away.

"I saw your highlights from 2 years ago, you were amazing. With a little practice you'd be back on top!" The Captain yelled.

"Captain, I appreciate the offer but like I said.... I don't play anymore" I said coldy not even bothering to turn and look at them.

I then got in my car and drove off, seeing The Captain just staring their from my review mirror.

The next day, I felt a bit awkward for rejecting the captions offer so I skipped the practice.... however, I did decide the head to the field after practice.

I wanted to smell the freshly cleat cut grass.

I walked on to the field and took a deep breath, enjoying the fresh breeze hitting my face. Suddenly, I felt something hit my feet. I looked down to find a soccer ball.

 I looked down to find a soccer ball