Don't Be Alone - P. HN x Reader

Narrator

"Don't be alone," Hanni begged her old friend.

"Why did you leave? Did I mean so little to you?" She continued on.

"I showed you mercy," Y/n coldly responded.

"What?" Hanni asked in confusion.

Y/n then turned to leave again and Hanni finally broke down.

- Hanni POV -

It was the last year of school and Y/n was struggling a bit.

Y/n was having a hard time at home and at school. It was hard to watch....

I tried to be there for them but Y/n suddenly disappeared.

All my texts were left on read and all my calls were sent to voicemail.

I couldn't help but be worried.

After 15 years of knowing each other... Y/n just up and left.

"Can you at least explain?!" I yelled before Y/n-ah could walk away from me.

This was the first time we had come face to face since we were in high school.

It was supposed to be a simple coffee run... but that's not how things ended up...

We were standing on the sidewalk... talking....

Well... more like I was screaming and begging... while Y/n stood there with a blank look and teary eyes.

Y/n couldn't fool me.

It hurt them just as much as it did me, to suddenly see each other likes this.

"I showed you mercy, that's all" Y/n answered again.

Y/n began to walk away again as I tried to process or think back as to what I did wrong or what Y/n did wrong.

"What could have possibly went wrong?" I kept thinking to myself.

By the time I snapped out of it, Y/n was down the block and almost out of sight. So, I ran after them.

I caught up and grabbed Y/n's wrist.

"ANSWER ME!!!" I yelled in Y/n's face.

Y/n just calmly took a deep breath with an annoyed look.

"People get hurt when they're with me. They lose themselves.... they get confused... or depressed... or angry.... they go mad and insanity takes over.... I let you go... so you could be spared of the sorrow and madness," Y/n explained.

I felt tears running down my cheeks.

"This is why I never wanted to leave your side," I thought to myself.

"So, there. You got your answer. Now, let me go," Y/n replied with a death glare straight into my eyes.

"Let go!" Y/n angrily order as they tried to snatch their wrist from me.

"NO!!" I yelled with a cracked voice.

"You shouldn't have been left alone. YOU SHOULD NEVER BE ALONE!!" I cried out in pain.

"You didn't even give me a choice!!" I screamed.

"You robbed me of days that I never got to live. Of a life that could have been.... I loved you so much and you just left... as if I could not love you for being you... for being so much more than I would have expected!!" I continued to spill my heart out.

I knew...

I knew the answers to what I was asking...

"Hanni... let go...," Y/n coldly ordered.