Debuted - K. MJ x Reader

Narrator

Huening Kai was spending his last week before debuting catching with his family and friends.

One of his closest friends, y/n, had flown out from the US to congratulate Kai on his future success.

That's when y/n met a brand new hybe trainee named Kim Minji.

Minji and Y/n quickly hit it off. Although, Y/n spoke great Korean.... Y/n loved that Minji could speak English pretty well. They even bounded over studying abroad in Canada.

That week went by fast, but it wasn't long until y/n returned to South Korea.

In the summer of that same year, Y/n returned to South Korea. Y/n and Minji dated that whole summer causing Kai to try to convince y/n to move to Korea, but it didn't work.

Y/n decided to go back home to finish school and also... y/n didn't want to distract Minji from her trainee studies. Minji seemed really serious about becoming an idol.

- Y/N POV -

It had been a little over 2 years since I was last in Korea. It was the weirdest feeling ever but this was new home so I'd better get used to it.

Luckily, Kai and his family were helping me get adjusted. The TXT boys were being really nice and friendly too.

-

-

-

-

I happened to stand behind Minji at hybe coffee shop. I build up the courage to speak to hear and leaned in to say, "So I take it since you're still roaming the Hybe Building that you're still a trainee?"

Suddenly, I felt Kai's big ass hand land heavily on my shoulder and he said... "Minji-ssi had already debuted. Her group literally debuted less than 6 months ago and they're already the nation's girl-group!"

"Oh, well I guess congratulations!" I responded, looking straight at Minji.

"Seriously, how could you not know this?" Kai asked me.

"I don't really listen to K-pop anymore. I mean besides you... I don't really care for it!" I responded laughing awkwardly.

"Uh, I'm telling Jaleh that!" Kai teased.

"Hey! I listen to her group too!" I responded.

"Anywayyy, thanks. I'll see you guys later!" Minji interjected our little bickering then waved her goodbyes.

We ordered our drinks then Kai went back to teasing me.... "I saw you getting all nervous trying to talk to her!"

"I haven't seen her in year. Of course I'm nervous!" I huffed back.

"You sure it's not because you still like her?" Kai teased making me freeze for a moment.

"We broke up years ago. I haven't even thought about her since then, believe me it's not because of that!" I answered him sternly.

I really hadn't even thought about Minji like that. If I did it was because I had a really good memory of my summer that year.

"Sureeee!" He continued to annoy me.

Our order was called and we were getting ready to leave.

"Oh shoot! I have a meeting still!" Kai suddenly exclaimed.

"It'll take like 30 minutes. Just chill around till then and we'll head over to my parents. Mom made is making rice soup for you so don't leave!" Kai yelled as he ran off to his meeting.