Wrong Partner Pt. II - K. MJ x Reader

Narrator

After their date together, Minji and Y/n had become official. They have been dating for 4 months now but it wasn't the type of relationship that Gyongchalgwannim had signed up for.... regardless, Y/n stayed in it because they just loved Minji that much.

- Y/N POV -

"Why can't you just listen?!" Minji yelled as she banged her fists against my chest.

"Minji! Minji! Min-"

*SLAP*

I was trying to get her to calm down when she suddenly slapped me.

The hit was so hard that I stumbled a bit from the impact and held my face for a second.

"No! No no no! I'm so sorry. I did it again, I'm so sorry!" Minji rushed to my aid as she realized what she had done yet again.

It had been established between us that Minji hadn't ever been in a healthy relationship. All the toxic behavior she had learnt in her passed relationships was now bleeding through ours.

It wasn't what I signed up for but I wasn't about to just leave her for something that isn't entirely her fault. It was my responsibility to help her through it. I had made it my responsibility.

Minji was trying to check on my cheek when I pulled her into a hug and whispered, "What are the rules?"

She hugged back tightly, burying her head into my chest as she grabbed fist fulls of my shirt.

"Stop to calm down and take a deep breath," She answered me.

"And?" I followed up.

"If I'm feeling intense emotions and feel myself losing control.... to hug you...," Minji finished off her answer. I could hear her start to sob, making my shirt wet.

"I'm so sorry, I'm such a monster," Minji whispered.

I pulled away from the hug and wipped away her tears. "You're not a monster, you're just working through some things" I told her as I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

We stood there hugging for a bit... Until she whispered to me, "You can leave you know. You don't have to put up with this."

"Don't say that, I want to be with you." I whispered back hugging her tighter.

After that, we finished our night off like any other day. We ordered take out and cuddled in the couch to watch a drama before heading to bed.

The next morning we were leaving to go to work when we noticed someone moving into the unit next to mine.

"Oh, Good morning!" My new cheery neighbor exclaimed as she saw us waiting for the elevator.

"Good morning," We both responded giving her a bow.

"Oh, you're the Gyongchalgwannim that lives next to me. Right?" She asked as she bowed back.

"Yes, I'm Choi Y/n and this is my girlfriend Kim Minji" I said shaking her hand.

Minji bowed at her again and then they shook hands.

"I'm Mo Jihye. Nice to meet you both!" She said a little too loud for my liking.

We awkwardly stood there until the elevator opened.

"Well it was nice to meet you. We'll see you around!" I told her as we waved our goodbyes.

"Well she's pretty," Minji commented.

"Yeah, let's just hope she's not loud" I replied as we made our way through the lobby.