When I Cry (Prequel II) - K. HR x Reader

Narrator

All of 1st and 2nd grade, Y/n spent all their time making sure no one picked on Haerin.

By 3rd grade, everyone at their school knew not to pick on Haerin unless you wanna make Y/n-ah angry.

- Haerin POV -

"Y/n-ah will be here. You know she's always late to the opening and closing ceremonies," Mom comforted me as we waited for Y/n to arrive to our 3rd grade opening ceremony.

"Look, There she is!" Mommy suddenly exclaimed, making me a bit startled.

Y/n unnie came in through the front gates of the school and ran up to bow at mom.

"I'm s-s-sorry I'm late. I- I- I had to return home for something," Unnie panted in front of us.

"It's okay. You're here now. Make sure to take care of each other like sisters and call me if you need anything," Mom hugged us both goodbye and left to work.

"Come on, let's get together with the rest of the class!" Y/n unnie cutely exclaimed and she took my hand.

For some reason, just touching her hand made me feel really nervous and I back up from her.

"Haerin-ah, are you okay? You're all red. Are you not feeling well?" Unnie suddenly began to worry as she placed her palm on my forehead.

Unnie was always very sweet and making sure I was okay. It always felt really good... but today it felt extra special.

I grabbed Y/n's hand from my forehead and said, "I'm okay. Let's go!"

For the rest of the school day, I kept getting really nervous and red around Y/n unnie. She was getting really worried about me.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Unnie asked me for the 10th time.

"Mhm, I think I'm just nervous because it's the first day of school," I tried to explain myself.

"You're feeling nervous?" Y/n-ah asked.

"Mhm," I slowly now.

"I got you," Unnie cutely responded as she took my hand in hers.

I panicked again and snatched my hand back from her.

"Ahhh, I figured you'd be really nervous today. That's why I went back home to get this!" Y/n unnie said as she pulled out my stuffed froggy.

"Wooahhh! How did you get this?" I squealed in excitement as I snatched froggy from Y/n's hand.

"On my way here, I figured you'd probably need it. So... I ran back home before your dad left for work and he let me get it," Unnie explained.

I could feel myself start to get red and nervous again. Unnie was always so thoughtful and sweet to me. It made my whole body feel really happy.

"You're always so cute, Unnie!!" I randomly squealed as I pulled Y/n-ah into a hug.

"Haerin put that toy away. You're not in kindergarten anymore. I don't want to see it or I'm taking it away!" Sonsaengnim suddenly yelled.

"Don't yell at her. It's mine," Y/n-ah suddenly responded... snatching froggy from my hands.

"Fine, sorry. Just put it away. You're in 3rd grade now. We don't play with toys in class anymore," Sonsaengnim told Unnie.

"Okay," Y/n-ah responded a bit upset.

I couldn't help but giggle at the fact that Unnie would protect me from all the teacher and adults too.

"Here, hold froggy's hand," Unnie suddenly whispered and I did as she asked.