Involuntary Response - M. DN x Reader

Narrator

Danielle and Y/n had dated for 2 years in the past. Their relationship ended in a bitter and toxic way that caused y/n to even transfer schools.

It's now been years since the break up and they unexpectedly met again, when they ended up going to the same university.

- Y/N POV -

The only girl I had ever loved in my whole life was back.

She was back in my life.

Me and Danielle had dated when we were young and ever since we broke up, we hadn't seen each other.

Now, we have a psychology class together and we'll have to see each other for the rest of the school year.

"Alright class, for your first class project, you will be partnered with the person next to you" The Professor announced to the class.

I looked slightly to my right and shrugged.

I was going to be partnered up with Kim Minji-ssi.

She seemed nice, so I didn't mind doing my project with her. As long as I wasn't partnered up with Danielle then I didn't care who I worked with.

"Meet you at the school campus Café after classes so we can start our project?" Minji-ssi asked as we packed her things to leave the classroom.

"Yeah, alright" I simply responded.

The rest of the day went by pretty fast. I had other projects I needed to work on but I figured I'd just do those after I finished up with Minji-ssi.

I headed to the café and noticed Minji right away.

"Over here!" She flagged me down.

I headed over to her and sat at the table. We quickly started to work on our project

"I wanna finish this today,"  I informed her.

I didn't want to waste any of the precious time that I could use for other things.

"Yeah, mee too...," Minji mumbled.

A few hours went by and we were about halfway done.

"Umm, do you wanna take a break and I'll get us some drinks?" I asked as I started to get tired.

I really needed a break.

"Sure, I'll have an Ice Americano!" Minji-ssi gave me a cute smile.

I headed over to get our drinks and returned as quickly as I could. As I got closer to our table, I could see Minji now had company.

"Probably a friend," I thought to myself.

"Are you ever going to tell me who it is that you're complaining about? I'm starting to think you lik-" Minji and her friend seemed to be having a conversation, when I decided to interrupt.

"One Ice Americano for my project part-" I was about to hand Minji her coffee....

When I finally realized who she was sitting with.

It was Danielle.