Congratulations - P. HN x Reader

Narrator

"This might be late but congratulations on your marriage," Y/n-ssi said to Hanni-ssi before they walked out of the elevator.

"Uh, ye...." Hanni-ssi awkwardly responded.

She was left in tears.

- Y/N POV -

"Ah, you're here too!" Hanni said in a fake cheery voice.

"Yes, I'm glad to see you're here as well!" I lied in the same tone.

It was an unexpected... yet, expected... surprise.

Hanni had been a model for the agency I worked at for a few years now.

As a photographer, I was constantly asked to attend the runway shows and the after-parties. So, I had to see Hanni quite often.

"I'll see you out there!" I awkwardly told Hanni as we both exited the elevator we had been on.

"Oh, I'm not a model anymore!" Hanni suddenly yelled as I walked away.

I turned back for a bit and just said, "Oh".

The show eventually started and I couldn't help but notice Hanni was sitting in the guest seats.

I walked over to take her picture.

I knew it was an important day for her after all

I wasn't an idiot...

I knew why she retired from modeling. I knew why she became a brand ambassador. I knew why things were so awkward between us.

It was just much easier to pretend as if she was just another work partner.

"What was that for?" Hanni asked while I admired her picture.

I got sucked out of my thoughts by her sudden question.

"Umm, I'm taking a picture of you. I realized I haven't taken any pictures of you all day!" I awkwardly responded.

Hanni chuckled and playfully smacked my arm.

"What are you talking about? You've been taking pictures of me all day!" She giggled out.

Nowadays, it was hard to tell if Hanni was laughing genuinely or if she was just putting on a show to not hurt my feelings.

"Ahh, well not enough!" I tried to play off.

Hanni was right.

I had been taking pictures of her all day. I figured it could be the last memory I had of her... so I wanted to make sure I saved as much as I could.

 so I wanted to make sure I saved as much as I could