Burn The World Down (PT. II) - M. DN x Reader

Narrator

After helping The Devine Goddess save Danielle, Y/n was once more in good standings with The Devine Kingdom.

Haerin had even offered Y/n a place back in The Kingdom...

But Y/n refused.

- Y/N POV -

I didn't want to be here.

I had found myself in The Godly Kingdom...

Awaiting Danielle's and Haerin's wedding ceremony.

Godly marriage ceremonies were a bit different than humans. While humans held a feast and celebration after the actual matrimony...

Gods held a celebration first and then the ceremony, followed by an even bigger celebration right after.

"I don't even know why I'm here," I thought to myself as I caught sight of the happy couple greeting all the guests.

That was a lie.

I knew exactly why I had come.

The Goddess of Kindness had personally gone down to The Underworld to invite me...

And I couldn't disappoint her after she made such an effort to make sure I attended.

I stood in a corner of The Kingdom, patiently waiting for the ceremony to start. I watched as everyone ate, drank, laughed, and celebrated.

Things were not as I had expected.

I felt at ease.

Until.....

The happy couple and I locked eyes.

It was tense for a second

"Y/N!!" Danielle suddenly exclaimed and ran up to me with a loving smile.

I watched as my little sister was left behind to hold back her jealousy.

I noticed Danielle coming in for a hug and I quickly extended my hand out to stop her.

My small gesture seemed to calm Haerin down and she finally stepped up to greet me too.

"It's my wedding day and you're not going to hug me?!" Dani started to cutely whine.

My heart suddenly flustered and I held back the smile that was dying to come out.

I always found it adorable when Dani treated me like a long time friend.

"Thank you for coming," Haerin softly spoke up.

I nodded in response as the pain of it all started to seep in.

"Yes, thank you for coming!" Dani giggled out as she wrapped her arm around Haerin's waist and leaned their heads together.

Haerin seemed to really soften up and shyly smiled at Dani.