Psychopath Pt II - K. HR x Reader

Narrator

Haerin and Y/N have been dating for two years and a half now.

They had both graduated and became detectives with the special forces.

Their relationship was as normal as it could be. They had a hard time adjusting to each other at first... neither ever really understanding the other but they always worked things out by talking.

Y/N had become a bit warmer and friendly with the help of Haerin. While Haerin got to just be herself and have someone to speak for her when she felt too introverted in public.

Recently, everything had been going very well for them... until Y/N started spending a lot of late nights at the office.

- Y/N POV -

"Why is there an engagement murder board in your office?" Detective Minji asked as she burst into my office.

I panicked a bit and flipped it over to the side with my current case.

"I need to put all the pieces together before I can ask her," I answered her.

"What's there to put together? Just ask her!" Minji responded throwing her hands in the air.

"No, I want to do it right this time!" I told her in frustration.

"This time?" She questioned.

"When we first confessed to each other... before we started dating.... we both just kind of blurted things out," I explained.

"I don't want it to be like that again. I might not really care about much but when it comes to Haerin... I care a lot. I want her to have a good memory of our engagement... not, you know..., 'hey I like you! Btw this cannibal is an idiot!'" I continued to explain.

"Wow, the sociopath does have a heart... and here I thought you were playing the long game so you could eventually murder her!" Minji joked.

"Alright, I've had enough of you. Get out of my office. Go bother Haerin or something, she's more fond of you than I ever will be!" I told her having enough socializing with for moment.

I kept working on my case files and paperwork when Haerin came knocking at my door.

"Hey, I'm heading out for the night. Do you want to go get dinner with me?" She asked.

"I'm actually kind of busy with something? Maybe another night?" I answered her.

"Okay," She said softly and closed the door to my office back up.

As soon as I knew she had probably exited the building, I got back to my engagement plan.

I looked over my board and checked off everything I had ready.

"Location? Checked."

"Arrangements? Checked."

"Parents permission? Checked."

"Ring? Checked."

I checked everything off but then started to panic.

"Wait, is this it? is this even the ring? Fuck how the hell am I supposed know if she'll like it?! What if she doesn't like it?! God I'm so bad at this.... I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do?!?" I kept on whispering to myself in frustration.

I loved the asphyxiating feelings Haerin gave me but this feeling... this confusing feeling... I hated it. All I knew was that she was perfect for me and that I wanted to have her for the rest of my life. I just don't know how the hell to do that.