10 Years - K. HR x Reader

Narrator

Every year, every season, every month, every day, and every hour, Y/n watched as the girl they had been in with for the last 10 years fell in and out of love with every stranger she saw.

Y/n always wondered when it would be their turn, but eventually...

Y/n just had to accept that Haerin would never look at them that way.

- Haerin POV -

It did pain me.

It pained to see Y/n's helpless eye watch as I gave yet another stranger a chance to break my heart.

"I'll pick you up at 6," The guy who had just asked me out told me.

"Yeah, okay!" I politely replied....

Watching as Y/n packed their bags to go home.

The guy made his way out the building and I started to walk over to have my routine nightly conversations with Y/n.

Y/n and I always stayed behind in the dance studio, after classes, to just talk about life and catch up.

But, this time... Y/n just left without saying anything.

- Y/N POV -

It was the same old story.

Without fail, someone would hit on Haerin after our dance sessions and ask her out. She never refused.

After that, I had to hear about how excited she was for her date and how the last person didn't work out because they cheated on her or just wanted something out of her.

I was tired of it.

I watched one last time as she accepted another date and decided it was time for me to just go home.

10 years.

10 years I've waited for Haerin to notice me and give me a chance.

But that chance never came.

The sad part of it all was that Haerin knew I liked her all this time. She knew since the moment I met her.

Still, I was never an option.

It was my fault for sticking around after the first rejection.

*BUZZ, BUZZ*

I suddenly got a text as I took the subway back home.

I looked at the message notification and sighed a bit bitter and heart broken.

*BUZZ, BUZZ*

Another text came through.

I finally gave in and unlocked my phone to see what Haerin wanted.

Kang

Why'd you leave?
You didn't even say goodbye.