Imaginary Friend - K. MJ X Reader

Narrator

"I wish you would've loved me.

I wish you could judge me correctly. I wish you could judge me by the things you taught me.

You ask why I'm cold and uninterested in you.

You never showed me what unconditional love was... so, I act as I see fit,"

Minji watched as Y/n talked to themselves once again.

- Minji POV -

I always wondered why Y/n sat alone during lunch.

Y/n always seemed to talk to themselves as they ate. I didn't think much of it often, I wasn't like my co-workers that judged Y/n for being kind of a loner.

"Hm, seems like the loner is hanging out with their imaginary friends again!" My co-worker, Yunjin, teased a bit.

I ignored her and walked over to get my own lunch in the office.

I watched as Y/n's laughed, cried, and talked to themselves all of lunch.

The next day, I saw the same thing.

"I'm surprised Sajangnim doesn't fire them for odd behavior," Yuna whispered to me.

I furrowed my brows at her comment and decided to seat with Y/n for once.

Y/n was one of the oldest employees at our company. Not in age, but just in knowledge. Y/n knew everything about the company and they were always praised by the director of the company....

But no one seemed to know why.

For a bit, there was this rumor that Y/n was a nepo baby... but that was quickly dismissed... when we all realized...

You'd have be crazy to let a nepo baby like Y/n into the company.

"Is this seat taken?" I awkwardly asked Y/n.

Y/n suddenly took their headphones off and signaled with their hand for me to seat. They were too busy with their chewing to give me a verbal answer, but I understood.

Y/n put their headphones back on and continued their behavior as if I wasn't in front of them.

"What are you doing?" I managed to ask.

Y/n took their headphones out again and asked... "I'm sorry?"

I cleared my throat in embarrassment. "What are doing?" I asked again.

Y/n gave me a wide smile, almost child like, and shared with me what they were watching.

Y/n took up all of my lunch time, but I could honestly say I was pleasantly entertained.

For the next few days, I sat with Y/n.

Y/n would share what they were listening to during lunch. They shared about flight 1771, they shared about true crime stories like Lee Ki-young, and would even share more complex things like quantum mechanics.

I honestly don't think that Y/n understood that I had no idea what they were talking about....

But it was still more entertaining than gossiping with my coworkers.

- Y/N POV-

I didn't understand why Kim Minji didn't just walk away from me.

I did everything to get her away from me.

Flight disasters, true crime, and even more realistic sciences that could put someone into an existential crisis....

Yet, Kim Minji still sat across from me everyday during lunch.

I was starting to think that I had an imaginary friend.

"Why do you get so emotional when you watch this things?" Minji suddenly asked.

I furrowed my brows and tilted my head in confusion.

"Huh?" I asked.

Minji took a deep breath and let it out. "You always yell at your stories or videos as if it's personal. At times it doesn't even seem like you're yelling at the video... but maybe another reason....?" Kim Minji gave me an awkward smile.

I pressed my tongue against the inner lining of my mouth and then took a deep breath.

"You're very observant," I paused what was entertaining me.

Minji raised her eyebrows in a funny way and then continued eating her lunch.

"Do you have any judgments of me?" I asked a bit curious.

Minji shook her head and then got up to head back to work.

- Minji POV -

Y/n kept making jokes that I was their imaginary friend. I never really understood why Y/n called me that...

But one night....

Y/n asked.... "Would you like to go on a date?" 

I jerked my head back a bit confused. "Me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think you're funny. I'd like to get to know you better," Y/n didn't seem like their usual self.

"Huh?" I was so confused.

"Come on, it's just dinner. I'm not going to hurt you or anything," Y/n started to walk away.

I was honestly kind of scared, but I followed Y/n anyway.

Y/n ended up taking me to a street food vendor. We ate, drank, and even talked about the crazy stories Y/n listens to during lunch.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable at any point. I have a hard time with people," Y/n drunkenly shared.

I took a deep and let it out heavily.

"All I want to know.... is who you're talking to when you're seating all alone?"

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: I'm in my confusing y'all era  >.<  I wondering if you understood this story... OR... what is your interpretation? :3