Chapter Two

Hi Readers: What did you guys think of the first chapter of the story? It took me a while to write it, so I truly hope that you guys liked it. Now, how about we just dive in. Here's Chapter Two of The Caseys: Family Life. Enjoy my dear readers.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

He just finished telling his wife that they have no updates (yet) on the search for her father, and that rightfully made her sad; even worried. But right now, that was not what mattered. What mattered, was that Matt was now in bed with the woman he loves, holding her in his arms so that he can make her feel better; if he can even make her feel better after getting this less-than-ideal news that they wanted to have about her father, their son's abuelo. Even though the man drives Matt crazy, that was no excuse for him not wanting to find his father-in-law; as he needs to have him in his life. Yes, you just heard that; he needs to have him in his life. Right now, the only person that he can really see as a father figure is Antonio. Yes, he thinks of Antonio as a father figure. He's the only example that he has for how to be a father to Matteo and Noah, and that was something that he most desperately needed to have in her father; especially since his father is dead.

Both literally, and fugitively to him; after all, his father did abuse him. And if he were alive, his father wouldn't be allowed to be anywhere near Matteo and Noah; that would be fact, and one that he would be proud to uphold. But he just hates what this feeling that Gabby has is doing to her. It's making her scared, and it's marking her quite worried for her father; the father whom she wants to see again, and introduce to their sons. And that was something that Matt can relate to, as he feels the same way about Ramon; he wants them to know Ramon, and he wants it to happen now. But right now, he can't do that because they can't find him. Taking a breath as he held Gabby close to him while laying down on his side, Matt proceeded to run his fingers up and down her back as a way to try and make the woman he loves feel better than the way she feels at the moment; he just doesn't know if it's working, and he hates that he can't get this automatic reaction.

Slipping close to Matt, Gabby wrapped her arms around her loving husband as he tried to make her feel better. Rubbing her back as he wrapped his arm around Gabby, Matt then went to tug the covers up on top of the both  of them as a way to make Gabby feel better. Just laying her head down on his chest, Gabby put her hand on Matt's chest shortly afterwards to try and get herself to relax. After which, she went ahead and kissed his chest; at the same time, Matt kissed the top of her head before taking a breath so that he can whisper to her. "Hey, you okay?" Gabby took a breath when Matt asked her if she was okay, because she knew that she wasn't okay at the moment. Rather, she was worried; and that was not a good feeling, as she felt like she couldn't get a break. Yet, she also knows that her husband doesn't like her father and that makes her want to keep him out of it. "I don't want you to get involved, because I don't want you to pretend you don't...."

Wrapping his legs around Gabby, Matt shook his head as he looked down at the woman he loves more than anything in the entire world. "Hey, look up at me baby." Gabby agreed with Matt, looking at him as he asked her to do. Afterwards, she felt Matt bend down and kiss her softly. Taking things nice and slow with the man she loves more than anything in the entire world, Gabby smiled as just kissing him made her feel better. "Listen, I want you to hear me when I say this Gabby; Gabby, I'm your husband. Your dad, is my only hope for my children....for Matteo and Noah to have a grandfather. I lost a chance to know my grandparents because of everything that happened when I was a kid." Gabby agreed with Matt when he said that, well aware that was the case. "Gabby, I love you more than anything. And I want our sons to have what I never had. I want Matteo and Noah to know their grandfather, I want them to know what it's like to have a big family; a family full of love."

Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, unable to hide her smile from him. "No matter what I feel towards Ramon, I know that he's going to love my sons just as much...if not more than how much he loves you; why he's doing this to you right after you gave birth? I have no clue baby. But when it comes to finding your dad, I'm on your side; if not so that we can find him for the boys, then it's so that I can yell at him for having made my wife worry like this both near the end of her pregnancy and at the start of her life as a mother." Gabby laughed as she heard Matt tell her that, thinking that Matt's joking; however, Matt wasn't joking. Turning his head as he ran his hand up and down Gabby's back, Matt smiled at her. "I'm being serious. He put stress on your pregnancy, which he knew about; he better have a damn good reason for why he put you under such stress." Gabby smiled, agreeing with Matt as he told her that; still in disbelief how lucky she is.