No Sex, Please

Hi Readers: Sorry for the delay in getting this chapter out to you. But boy, has a lot gone on since I last posted a chapter. Just what might you ask? I went out for a walk, decided to stop at a restaurant for supper, made my way ALL the way back home, realized that I forgot my AirPod case, made my way back to the restaurant to get the case, and then made my way all the way back home AGAIN. So yeah, a lot of stuff just happened before I posted this chapter. But now, it's time for me to just get to it. Here's Chapter Ninety-Six.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

7:30 PM – Severide Primary Suite
She needed a distraction, a distraction that was something completely unrelated to her family; something that was easy for her to do, and that she would be able to do without Matt stopping her. And she tried to think of all the options that she had, and she just couldn't think of any.... except for one. That one thing that she thought about? Well, that was what their friends asked them to do while they were still at the hospital; and that would be to change their bed, ahead of them coming home next week. So, that's exactly what Gabby was in the midst of doing. Starting to put on the duvet onto Kelly and Stella's mattress his evening, Gabby took a breath as she hoped not to make Matt mad that she was even doing this. After all, this was probably the last thing that he wanted her to be doing right now, which was absolutely the case. So much so, that he just scared her when he spoke to her from the door of the room. "What are you doing?" Jumping as Matt said that, Gabby got really scared as she turned around and looked at the man she loves.

"Shit baby, you scared the crap out of me." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, understanding that was the case; after all, she did just jump this evening.. "I just finished speaking to Eva, and I asked her to play with her cousins tonight; that way, they can be tired when their grandmother puts them to sleep tonight." Turning around, Gabby took a breath as she heard Matt say that. "Good. I mean..." Matt agreed with his wife as she said that, well aware of the fact that her mind is currently racing. "So much for that bath calming you down." Gabby snickered a bit, shaking her head as that most definitely was not what happened. "I'm sorry." Matt shook his head as Gabby apologized to him, before walking up to her; after which, he proceeded to wrap his arms around her and smiled at the woman he loves. Wrapping her arms around Matt too as they held each other close, Gabby looked up at the man she loves. "I spoke to your mom." Gabby agreed with Matt as he told her that, well aware that was the case. "Yeah?" Matt agreed with his wife.

"I asked her if we can just keep the status quo. We can spend time with Matteo and Noah whenever we want, but only as long as we want; unless we tell them that we got them, then they are going to take care of the boys. Meanwhile, we're going to just take care of each other." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, glad that was the case. "Thank you." Matt shook his head as he heard Gabby say that, before moving his lips to her forehead; after which, he kissed her forehead softly. "Kelly and Stella also know that this is going to be the case, and they're going to give us time to reset and regroup; because we both know that's what you need to do with me right now." Gabby agreed with her dreamy husband as he told her that, as that most definitely is the case. After which, she leaned up and proceeded to kiss him softly. Taking things nice and slow with the man she loves, Gabby smiled due to the fact that she loves him more than anything in the entire world; after which, Gabby wrapped her arms around Matt's torso as they held each other close right now.

Moving to press his lips against Gabby's forehead, Matt smiled as they both held each other close; after which, he looked down at the woman he loves while running his hands up and down her arms. He then moved his hand to Gabby's neck and smiled at the woman of his dreams, and the mother of his children; after which, Matt bent down so that he could take things nice and slow with the woman he loves more than anything in the entire world. "I love you." Gabby agreed with Matt as he told her that he loves her, well aware that was the case. "I love you too Matt, and I am so glad that this is what we're in the midst of doing; as much as we want to be alone somewhere else..." Matt smiled, before going to finish her thought. "...we just need to be here, with the boys being taken care of." Gabby smiled as she heard Matt say that, before stepping close to him again; after which, she wrapped her arms around Matt and then leaned in to kiss him softly. Taking things nice and slow with the man she loves, Gabby smirked as she loves him so much.