Painting a Nursery?

Hi Readers: Sorry for the delay in this chapter, as I keep getting distracted. However, I need to ask you guys what you thought of the last chapter that I wrote, but more specifically, the pregnancy diary that I started to write. Let me know what you guys thought of it.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Alex was mad at him. That was something that he knew. He knew that she was mad at him, which was due to the fact that she felt like crap. And it was all his fault because he was distracted. Rather than concentrating on making the food properly for his wife, he was thinking about how he can talk to his boss about something that he isn't too sure about; more specifically, he needs to talk to him about what he and Alex are going to be able to do for a nursery. As much as he knows that this isn't his home, there's just something in him that wants to paint a little nursery; a nursery that's going to be located in the corner of their room (hopefully). But that can only happen if Matt approves of it. Going to grab another piece of the bacon that he was making for Alex, Jay took a breath as he hoped that this was good. And that was when he decided that he was going to do something, and that was text his wife; that way, he'll know ahead of time whether she thinks that she can eat the bacon and eggs that he's going to make for her this morning.

Jay: I'm thinking of making you Eggs, Bacon, and Toast for Brunch?

Hitting send, Jay took a breath as he really hoped that she would reply to him quickly; that way, they can already know ahead of time whether he can make them for her. That's when Jay heard Matt walk into the kitchen. "Well, it looks like she's already starting to train you." Turning his head, Jay was confused as he heard Matt say that. "What do you mean by that?" Matt snickered. "When Alex was pregnant with the twins, she always texted me when I was cooking for her; she wanted to let me know what I like." Taking a breath as he heard Matt tell him that, Jay proceeded to lean against the counter; after all, that most definitely was something that he wished was the case. "Uh oh, it's the other way around." Jay was a bit confused when he heard Matt say that, before watching as he made his way over to the fridge; after which, he opened the door so that he can find some of the leftovers that he already made for him and Gabby. "What do you mean by that? And I'm talking to you as your friend right now, hopefully." Matt laughed as he heard that.

Turning his head, Matt agreed with Jay. "Yes, you're going to talk to me as your friend/your ex-girlfriend's husband." Jay snickered when he heard Matt say that, before shaking his head. "Yet, you still hired me and trusted me with some of your billions." Matt smiled as he heard Jay say that, before proceeding to find some of the pasta that her mother made for her; more specifically, some of the shrimp pasta that she made for the both of them. "Wait, is that pasta?" Turning to look at his friend, Matt shook his head. "Not for you to touch. These are made by Camila for me and Gabby, for when we need fast food." Jay snickered when he heard Matt say that. "Yeah, because it's so hard to open the Skip the Dishes app and order some fast food." Matt just looked at his friend when he said that, before walking around the island so that he can use the microwave. "I swear, this is going to be a pure pain in the ass when the boys can walk." Jay was confused when he heard Matt say that. "What are you talking about?" Matt sighed as he crouched down.

After which, he proceeded to push one of the buttons on the microwave; more specifically, the button that opens the door to the microwave. He then set the leftover pasta down in the microwave, before closing the door; he then went ahead and started to show how their boys can play with the microwave, and the door. Laughing as he watching Matt do that, he shook his head. "Damn, that's going to be a problem." Matt agreed with Jay when he said that, before putting the pasta leftovers; after which, he went ahead and started to heat them up. After which, he got up and proceeded to make his way back over to the fridge so that he can get him and Gabby some drinks. Opening it, he smiled as he went ahead and looked at the drinks that he could have; after which, he decided to grab some flavored waters for him and Gabby. At the same time, he turned his head and looked at Jay. "I can see that you have something on your mind." Jay sighed when he heard Matt ask him that and was about to say something when he got a text.