Cedars-Sinai, Part Two

He was starting to get a little restless as he sat in the waiting room, as it was starting to get really long; but that feeling of impatience was soon replaced with a feeling of relief, as he finally got a text. Going to grab his phone, Will Halstead really hope that it was a text message from his brother. "Alex is awake." And that phrase that he just said was definitely something that got everybody's attention. "She's awake?" Turning his head, Will smiled as they looked at everybody. "Yes. However, they just asked me and Natalie to come. Not everybody, because Jay doesn't want to leave her unattended." Natalie agreed with Will when he said that, as that makes sense. After which, she smiled at everybody. Getting up, Natalie walked over to Matt this evening. "I'm probably not going to be back after I visit them." Getting up, Matt agreed with Natalie when she said that; after all, that was most definitely something he understood. "Of course. By the way, take all the time you need." Natalie agreed with Matt when he said that, smiling at him.

"Thanks Matt." Matt agreed with Natalie as she said that, before looking at Will; getting close to him, he proceeded to shake his hand. "Congratulations uncle Will." Will laughed as he heard Matt say that, before agreeing with him. "Thanks Matt." Matt agreed with his friend as he said that, before watching as Will and Natalie walked away; after which, he sat back down and smiled at his beautiful wife. Grabbing her hand, Matt proceeded to intertwine their fingers. Smiling at his girl, Matt brought her hand up to his lips so that he can kiss her hand. "Hi you." Turning her head, Gabby smiled as she looked at the man she loves. After which, she laid her head down on his shoulder before taking a breath. "Listen, can we talk while we're sitting here?" Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that. "Yeah, what is it?" Gabby took a breath and just ran her hand up and down his arm. "Uhm..." Matt then looked at his wife. "You want to go be at home." Turning her head, Gabby was shocked that Matt just said that. "How did you know?" Matt smiled at his beautiful wife.

"Because I know you better than anybody in the entire world, and I know that you need to rest." Gabby sighed as she heard Matt say that. "I think that it'll help me with my pregnancy." Matt was confused as he heard Gabby say that, before looking at the woman he loves more than anything in the entire world. "What do you mean?" Gabby sighed. "I hate to say this, but that hotel bed is not that comfortable; and I would rather not have to sleep in that, when I'm having bad dreams. Remember when I fell asleep on your shoulder for a bit?" Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, well aware of what she was talking about; she was talking about when she laid her head down on his shoulder, and then took a quick nap here at the hospital. "I had a bad dream, and it was about this happening to us...again." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, well aware that it's one of her worst fears for this pregnancy; that she ends up having to give birth early. And the truth was, that was the last thing that he wanted too. He didn't want that either.

"Yeah, I get what you're saying; after all, that's the last thing that I want right now." Gabby agreed with Matt when he told her that, taking a breath as she just held the love of her life close to him; she then went ahead and laid her head down on his shoulder. Stroking her hand with his thumb, Matt smiled as they both held each other close right now. Turning his head shortly afterwards, Matt smiled as he kissed her forehead softly. "You can always talk to me, you know that; right Gabby?" Gabby agreed with Matt as he reminded her that she can always talk to him. "I know that baby, and I promise that I will. But when we're home. And no sex today." Matt agreed with his wife as she said that, understanding why that would be the case. "Maybe we can even ask your mom to keep watching the boys for the weekend? We just stay in our room?" Gabby smiled as she heard Matt say that, as she really likes that idea. "Yeah, I like that idea. I think it's what we both need. I still don't want you to work though." Matt agreed with his wife, smiling at his wife.

"I promise, I'm not going to work." Gabby agreed with Matt as he told her that, well aware that he was most definitely going to be listening to her; and that was due to the fact that he wants the lingerie that she's (still) wearing for him. "Good, because that's the only way that you're going to be getting the lingerie that I'm wearing." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, well aware that was going to be the case. After which, Matt smiled when he heard Jay come out to the waiting room. "Hey." Going to get up, Matt smiled as he looked at their friend. "Hey, how's Alex?" Jay sighed. "Overwhelmed, this is a lot." Matt agreed with Jay when he said that, well aware that was the case. "Yeah, I get that's the case." Walking over to Jay, Gabby proceeded to hug him. "I'm so sorry that this happened to you guys." Jay agreed with Gabby as she said that, well aware that was the case. "Thanks Gabby." Gabby smiled as she heard Jay say that. "Congratulations though, because I'm happy that you're finally a dad though." Jay smiled. "To a boy and a girl."