They Had to Restart your Heart

Now that most definitely was not something that Alex Halstead expected to hear come out of her husband's mouth, that her heart had to be restarted; while she was in the operating room, giving birth to their twins. And that was something that was really scary. Taking a breath, Jay just ran his hand up and down Alex's back; worried that she was mad at him, because he knew that she may be mad at him. But he really hopes that wasn't the case. He really hopes that she isn't mad at him, and that she's okay with what he had to do. "Alex, can I explain why I did that?" Alex took a breath, before agreeing with the man she loves; after all, she owes him that. She owes him a chance to explain what happened. That way, he can tell her just why he didn't tell her; and that was exactly what he was going to do. "Alex, I know that I should've said something; and I know that it was wrong for me to keep it from you, because it's your health. But at the time, I thought that it was the right thing do to; because you needed to recover, and you didn't need to worry."

Alex agreed with Jay as he told her that, before moving her hand to his chest as she laid her head down on it; at the same time, he ran his hand up and down her back. "And I just wanted to make sure that you were okay at the end of the day, because I knew that you would be so stressed out if you learned that; you would be so worried, and you would want to call your dad. Now, I do have to say that I did call him; and he knows, but I told him that you need to rest. And I asked him not to come, because you didn't need to yell at him again; and he understood, because he knew that he would just cause you problems. And for that, I'm grateful for; but you need to remember that I did it for your sake, and so that you can relax baby. Please don't be mad at me Alex." Alex agreed with Jay as he said that, before feeling him move his hand to her hip; after which, he stroked it with his thumb. Shortly afterwards, he turned his head and kissed the top of her head. "I'm not mad, because I understand." Jay agreed with Alex as she said that, glad that was the case.

"I promise though, we can invite him when we're out of the hospital; but I would rather just keep him away, while we're still in the hospital. We haven't exactly had the...." Turning Jay's head, Alex looked up at Jay before tugging his lips down to hers. "Hey, look at me." Jay agreed with Alex as she told him that, before looking down into her eyes. "I understand, and I think you did the right thing." Jay agreed with Alex as she said that, glad that was the case. "Thank you. And I promise that we're going to figure out a way to introduce the twins to him, but I am just not ready yet; because I want to make sure that we're in a better place with your dad, before we go ahead and introduce the twins to your father." Alex agreed with Jay as he said that, well aware that was the case. "Hey, I get that Jay; and I think that you did the right thing." Jay agreed with Alex, before smiling as she laid her head down on his chest; after which, she cuddled up to him and just smiled due to the fact that they are really happy with each other right now. And very comfortable.

Wrapping his arm around Alex's lower back, Jay smirked due to the fact that this really is everything that he wants; after which, he turned his head and proceeded to kiss the top of her head. "So, how are you feeling right now? Are you comfortable now that we're cuddling up to each other?" Alex laughed as she heard Jay say that, before looking up at him. "Jay, what have we been doing since I gave birth to the twins?" Looking down at the woman he loves, Jay smirked due to the fact that he was well aware of the fact that they've been cuddling up to each other since they got here to the hospital. And that's when Alex remembered something. "Hey, can you do me a favor tomorrow morning?" Looking down at the woman he loves, Jay agreed with Alex. "Hey, always. What is it?" Alex smiled. "Do you think that you can see if they have like a notebook, or a journal in the gift shop?" Jay was confused as he heard Alex say that, unsure why. "Why?" Alex sighed. "Gabby said that she kept one while she was in the hospital." Jay agreed with Alex.

"And she said that it helped her really get her emotions out, and deal with all the emotions that come with being in the NICU with the twins. So, I thought that..." Jay smiled, already understanding what she was trying to tell him. "You think that it might help you out?" Alex agreed with Jay as he asked her whether she thinks that it might help her. "Is that crazy?" Putting his hand on Alex's arm, Jay looked down at the woman he loves; after all, it most definitely does not sound crazy. "Hey, I never want you to think that something you want to do is crazy; especially not when you get ideas from someone who had to deal with this, when she said that it helped. Alex, I want us to do whatever we can to make sure that we're okay with everything; and I know that this is going to be hard on the both of us, and I want to do whatever I can to make sure that we get through this." Alex agreed with her loving husband as he said that, well aware that was the case; after which, she cuddled up to Jay and laid her head down on his chest once again today.

After which, Jay ran his hand up and down her back; turning his head, he then smiled as he kissed the top of her head (before whispering to her). "Baby, I don't want you to feel guilty when it comes to what you want me to do; what you think you need me to do, and what you think will help you." Alex agreed with Jay as he said that, before continuing to listen to Jay (as he stopped whispering to him). "Alex, I am your husband; and my main job right now is to take care of you, and our children. And if you need me to do something, then I am going to do it for you; for the simple fact that I need to get you through this, and so that I can make sure that we're both okay. I mean that Alex, and you never need to worry that I'm going to judge you for what you need; I mean, you should know that." Alex agreed with Jay as he said that, looking up at the man she loves. "Alex, we both have mental health issues; and you know that I have done things to help me out, which you have supported. And I thank you so much for that."

Alex agreed with Jay as he told her that, before grabbing his hand and proceeding to intertwine their fingers. "Alex, this is what husbands and wives do for each other; they support each other, and they do whatever they can to make sure that their partners are okay. And that's exactly what I'm going to do, by getting you a journal tomorrow." Alex agreed with Jay as he said that, before feeling him run his hand up and down her back; after which, he turned his head and kissed the top of his beautiful wife's head. "I love you Alex, and I promise that's something that you can always be certain of. That I'm going to make sure that you're okay. And that means that I'm going to take care of you, in whatever way I can." Alex agreed with Jay as he told her that, glad that was the case. "God, how did I get so lucky when it comes to who I married?" Jay laughed, smiling as he turned his head and then kissed the top of his head. "I love you Alex." Alex agreed with Jay as he said that, before putting his hand on his chest; after which, she stroked his abs with his thumb.

And that's something that Alex has done every since they got here, because it makes her relax; and it makes her calm down, especially when she's stressed. And it's a sign that Jay has started to notice, which is why Jay decided to ask her about it. "Alex, you okay?" Alex nodded. "I am now, and I promise that I'm going to write in that journal." Jay agreed with Alex as he said that, smiling as that most definitely was exactly what he wanted. "I just hope you know that the journal will not be private, and that I am going to read it." Alex agreed with Jay as he said that, especially since she was okay with that. "And I'm okay with that, because I want you to read it; that way, I don't need to always tell you everything. You know me, not really a talker." Jay agreed with his beautiful wife, before smiling as he ran his hand up and down her back. "What if we each get journals? And we promise that we write in it every day, and we get to share it together. And then, we talk to each other if we see something concerning. Can we agree to that Alex?"

Alex agreed with Jay as he asked her that, before smiling as she looked up at the man she loves; after which, she leaned in and proceeded to take things nice and slow with the man she loves more than anything in the entire world. "Can you get me that muffin in the morning?" Jay agreed with Alex as she said that, smiling due to the fact that it's exactly what she wants; after which, Alex cuddled up to Jay some more while wrapping her arms around his torso. At the same time, Jay put his hand on her arm and just smiled due to the fact that this really is everything that he wants to do right now. He wants to hold the woman he loves close to him, and he wants to make sure that she was comfortable in their hospital bed; and that's exactly what Alex is right now, she's very comfortable in their bed, as they cuddle up to each other...and eventually, they fell asleep in each other's arms (just like what they wanted to do with each other tonight).