Cedars-Sinai, Part One

Hi Readers: And welcome to another day of chapters. What did you guys think of the most recent curveball that I just threw into the story? I hope you guys liked it and are ready to read the aftermath of the curveball that I just put in the story. And luckily for you, you have no reason to wait any longer to read that, because it's time for me to write it for you. Here we go with Chapter Ninety-Four.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

6 PM - Halstead Hospital Suite, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center NICU
They were both so small, so tiny; and it was no something that the father was prepared to see, but he had to see it. And he was going to see it, every single day for the rest of his and Alex's stay at the hospital with their twins: Michael and Olivia. Yes, you just heard that right. Michael. As in, a son. And let's just say that was not something that they expected to have today, as Alex and Jay thought that they were going to be having twin girls; but now, that's most definitely not what they have. Rather, they have a son (whose name is Michael Jaymes) and a daughter named Olivia Marie (as planned). But god, they are both the most precious things in the entire world; and that's the exact reason why Jay is not going to complain about the fact that they had one of each, rather than two daughters. Heck, he wasn't going to complain for the simple fact that they're here; they're safe, and they have them in their life. And even better, Alex is still here with him; and she's all safe after having given birth to their children, which is the exact thing he wants.

Turning around to look at her as she laid down in her hospital bed, Jay took a breath as she was currently fast asleep; and that most definitely is something that she needs right now, as they just need to relax. They need to take it easy, and they just need to make sure that everything stays calm. And that's why Jay decided to go sit down, sit in the recliner that they have in the room. At least, that was the plan, until he heard Alex wake up. Putting her hand on her stomach shortly after waking up, Alex started to panic; and that was due to the fact that her stomach was (already) a bit smaller than it was before she gave birth. "No, no...please no..." Hearing his wife panic, Jay made his way over to her so that he could comfort her; after all, he already knew what she was worried about. And that was that they lost their children. "Hey, it's okay. Take a breath." Looking up at Jay when he told her that, Alex got worried. "What's happening Jay. Did we..." Sitting down on the edge of his wife's bed, Jay shook his head. "Hey, take a breath and look at me."

Alex agreed with Jay as he told her that, feeling him grab her hand. "It's all okay. I promise Alex. Everything's okay. The kids are okay." Alex teared up as she heard her husband tell her that, unaware of where they are. "Then where are they?" Jay smiled at his beautiful wife, before moving his hand to the side of her face; after which, he stroked her cheek and smiled at her. "Alex, they're just over there." Jay said, pointing towards their children. "Michael and Olivia are just over there." Alex took a breath as she heard Jay tell her that, before agreeing with him; at the same time, she sighed due to the fact that she was worried. "Okay. They're okay." Jay agreed with Alex when she said that, glad that was something that she just said. "Yeah, they're okay. Our babies are okay." Alex took a breath as she heard Jay tell her that, before looking at the man she loves more than anything in the entire world; after which, Jay proceeded to put his hand on her neck and stroked her cheek. "You can relax now Alex, because everything is okay with me." Alex agreed.

She then sighed as she was really worried, even thought she was no longer pregnant; moving his hand to Alex's neck (as he could tell that was the case), Jay bent down and leaned his forehead against hers while whispering to her. "It's okay, you're okay." Alex agreed with Jay as he told her that, glad that was the case. After which, she put her hand on his neck and just took a breath. "I'm okay." Jay smiled as he heard Alex say that. "Good. That's exactly what I wanted you to tell me." Alex smiled as she heard Jay tell her that, before looking at her (shirtless) husband. "Can you come join me in bed? I want to be held right now." Jay agreed with Alex as he told her that, smiling at her. "But first, we need to just say this. You okay with Michael Jaymes?" Alex laughed as she heard Jay ask her that, before looking at the man she loves more than anything in the entire world. "I like the name, it's perfect." Jay smirked as he heard Alex tell him that, as he's glad that they picked a name together. "I still can't believe that we have a son." Alex laughed, smiling at him.