Chapter Forty-Six

Hi Readers: I hope that you guys are enjoying this new storyline that I have started to write for you guys, and I am definitely ready to continue with this storyline; and that's exactly what I'm about to do. I hope that you guys continue to enjoy it. Here we go again.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

To say that Matt was happy to have a friend leading his press team was an understatement, especially based on the situation that he finds himself in; and that is even more important when it comes to just how personal and traumatic this situation has made the CEO, because it brings up bad memories. Memories that are related to his PTSD. And that, of course, would be Heather Darden; someone who is well aware of Matt's background related to this type of situation, and the allegations that have been made against him. And it was even better to know that he didn't even need to explain everything that he's had to deal with in the past, because Heather already knows everything that he's gone through from when he was a kid; and let's just say that it was something that was very helpful in this case. He just hopes that he doesn't need to really explain it to the rest of his press team, and it turns out that he won't need to; and that's due to the fact that Heather has already spoken to her team and has filled them in on Matt's background with abuse.

"Now, before we begin. I just want to say this Matt. You do not need to say anything related to your past, nor do you need to tell Ethan or Tiana about your past...." Ethan being Ethan Gregory, a vice-president in the company, while being the press officer for the company; and Tiana is Tiana Rhymes, also a vice-president in the company, and the press officer for the Casey family. Why Ethan was here at the moment? Matt wasn't entirely sure, but he was not going to complain about the fact that he has another man's opinion when it comes to the press strategy. But back to what Heather was saying. "..I have already given them a simple, need to know basis briefing; and I have informed them that they are not to ask any questions." Tiana then proceeded to add on. "But from what I can hear Mr. Casey, I can already tell that you had a very hard childhood; and I can only imagine how hard the abuse was, because I saw the press reports. For that, I am so sorry; and I am so sorry that you need to go through this, and I just know in my heart that you..."

Matt snapped a bit when he started to hear Tiana say that. "Do you think that the reports are true?" Tiana was shocked that he asked her that. "Sir..." Matt then pressed. "Yes or no, do you believe that that reports are true?" Gabby then proceeded to put her hand on her husband's back to get him to relax. "Hey, take a breath baby and let her speak okay? Tiana, finish what you were saying." Tiana agreed with Gabby when she said that. "First, I do not believe the reports sir. I can tell that it is false, based solely on the way that you react when it's even implied that you did it; and I have also been speaking to Ms. Darden, and we have been speaking ever since this leaked about what type of man you are. She's told me about your past, and how you were with her boys. And I knew the moment she said that she trusted you with her sons, that there was no way that you could ever do this to your own children; add in the fact that you were a public servant, and I know even more that's the case. Add in the fact that you're a victim, and there's no doubt..."

Matt agreed with Tiana when she said that. "Sir, I want to make this clear. I am appalled at what this has done to your family, and what it has put at risk. I know that you love being a father, and I promise you that I will be doing everything I can from this day forward to rehabilitate your image." Ethan then proceeded to add on. "And sir, I will do the same. I will still be there for corporate press, but if it's okay with you...then I would like to turn my attention towards rehabilitating your image." Matt agreed with the both of them when they said that. "No interviews, I am not going on TV to say anything; I want it all to be done in the press, and I am not going to do interviews when my main priority are my sons and staying sane." Gabby took a breath when Matt said that, before running her hand up and down Matt's back. "You both know that Matt has PTSD right?" Ethan and Tiana both agreed with Gabby when she asked them whether they remember that their boss has PTSD, which they most certainly do. At the same time, Gabby looked at her husband.