Romantic Getaway: Day Two, Part Five: Interrupted

The husband and CEO was about to call his contact at the CFD about the finance that he needs to get money from, money that they need to use to create the prototype that they want; but first, he got a text message from his wife about something that he needs to talk to his best friend about. "Kelly, I need to talk to you about something before this conversation that we're about to have with each other." Kelly agreed with his best friend when he said that. "And what might that be?" Matt sighed when Kelly asked him that. "Did you seriously run Stella a bath, get her in and then go work on the company?" Kelly was shocked that he knew about what. "Who told y..." Matt then interrupted him, answering his question before he could ever ask it. "My wife just texted me about what you did to your wife. Do you really think that she wasn't going to text me about that?" Kelly sighed when he heard his best friend say that, well aware that he was in trouble right now. "Stella's mad at me right now?" Matt sighed as he went to text Gabby back.

'Is Stella mad at Kelly about what he did? He's asking.'

Matt then proceeded to tell Kelly what he just did. "I just texted Gabby, and I am not sure what she's going to tell me; but I am going to tell you what she tells me the minute she texts me back." Kelly agreed with the CEO when he said that, glad that he just did that for him. "I swear, I love the fact that my wife's best friend is married to my best friend." Matt laughed as he heard Kelly say that, well aware that was something that always came in handy. "Yet you don't talk to me much about what Gabby says to Stella, because that you definitely be something that would come in handy." Kelly agreed with his best friend when he said that, while also making sure that he goes ahead with doing the banking. He then took a breath while going to see that he just got an e-mail from Logan Matthews, his Chief Financial Officer; whom he just sent and e-mail too so that he can make sure that he gets the funding released. The funding that they have already budgeted and made sure that they are going to be sending to the manufacturer.

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

From: Matthews, Logan
To: Casey, Matthew
CC: Severide, Kelly
Subject: re: Release of Funding

Hi Mr. Casey:
I just got your message regarding the release of the funds for the production of the ambulances, and I have also spoken to the members under me that are in charge of releasing the funding. I have also checked our ledgers, and I know that you said that you were going to be transferring some of your recently inherited funds to assist us with the operations of the company. I forget how much, but I do not see the transfer information into the accounts, which prohibited us from transferring the funds to the company. If you send me the funds today, then I can easily transfer them to the company immediately. My sincere apologies.

Logan Matthews
Senior VP and CFO, Casey
1 (800) 837-2938 x. 112

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Okay, so I just got an e-mail from the CFO." Kelly agreed with his best friend when he said that. "And what does it say?" Matt sighed. "Apparently, I said that I was going to transfer some money that I recently inherited so that he can make the payment; and since I have yet to do that, he couldn't make the payment." Kelly sighed when he heard Matt say that. "So, are you going to do that?" Matt agreed with his best friend when he asked him whether he was going to be transferring the funds to the account, which is definitely what he's going to be doing. "Yes, I am in the midst of doing. And I am also going to put some extra in there just in case." Logging onto his bank account, Matt took a breath as he proceeded to make the transfer that he needs to make to the appropriate accounts. "I think that's a good idea, especially since you got that extra inheritance." Matt laughed as he heard Kelly say that, well aware that was the case. "I love the toy that I get to play with now." Kelly then went to say something naughty, which is something Matt's been doing.

"Just the big toy? Or are you also playing in bed with your sexiest toy?" Matt laughed as he heard Kelly say that, well aware of that he was talking about. I mean, what man wouldn't know exactly what his best friend is talking about? He's talking about having fun with his wife. "Okay, I am definitely going to need to know details." Matt laughed when he heard Kelly say that, as that was definitely something that he wasn't going to be doing; he was not going to be sharing details when it comes to what he's been doing with his wife. That is something that shall remain confidential, and it's something that only he can share with Gabby's permission (which she will most definitely never give him). "Listen, I need to concentrate on writing this e-mail okay? Just give me a minute to write it okay?" Kelly agreed with his best friend so that he can send the e-mail. "By the way, you can read it; you were on the e-mail too." Kelly agreed with his best friend, before proceeding to do read the e-mail that Logan just sent time; meanwhile, Matt put the money in the account. After which, he went ahead and proceeded to let Logan know what he just did for the sake of the company.

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

From: Casey, Matthew
To: Matthews, Logan
CC: Severide, Kelly
Subject: re: Release of Funding

Hi Logan:
Thanks for getting back to me so fast, and letting me know what was going on when it came to the payment of the contract. Now, I wanted to let you know that I have transferred funds into the account that you need to use to pay the contract. And I have also put some spare funds in there that we can use for other expenses should they ever need to be use. Can you please make note of that, as I would like to be repaid that money; it was not from the money that the company has already made but my personal, family account. However, I would definitely like to thank you for telling me about this as soon as possible; and I hope that this fixes the problems. But if there are any more issues that you run into, please let me know; and I will deal with them. Thanks again for working today.

Matthew Casey
Chairman and CEO, Casey
1 (800) 837-2938 x. 101

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Having just sent the e-mail to Logan, Matt took a breath as he was glad that he just took care of that. But another thing that the husband now needs to take care of, is talking to his best friend about what his wife just texted him right now.

'Stella is mad, as she wanted to have fun with her husband; the pregnancy is making her hormonal.'

Taking a breath as he read the text message, Matt just went to speak to his best friend so that he can tell him what's going on in his marriage. "Okay, so I am going to have to deal with this carefully; because my wife wants to tell you something Kelly." Kelly agreed with the CEO when he said that, well are that was the case. "So, what might that be?" Matt sighed when he heard Kelly ask him that, before going to tell him. "This is from Gabby. She says that Stella is mad because she wanted to have fun with you, fun that you can give her because she's craving something." Kelly then understood what he was trying to say, clearly hearing that this is awkward for his best friend. "Damn, I can't imagine just how awkward this is for you." Matt laughed when he heard his best friend say that, because it certainly was awkward. "Kelly, it's really awkward. But listen, I think that I need to just let you go. I would rather not talk about this." Kelly sighed when Matt said that. "I'm sure that your wife is going to be working on something. So, go check if she's doing that."

Matt thought about it. "I'll talk to her and see what she wants to do. If she wants to work on the clothing line, then we can work some more on the business plan. Well, I can be here for you to talk about. I actually need to work on some business plans for Casey Police." Kelly agreed with his best friend when he said that. "Let me guess, you want to start doing that now?" Matt sighed when he heard his best friend say that. "I need to get those guys doing something, before they go stir crazy." Kelly laughed when he heard Matt say that, well aware that was going to be the case. "Talk to your wife, and then maybe we can call up..." That's when Matt realized something. "Actually, maybe Monday. It's the weekend. Go take your wife out." Kelly laughed. "Later, I'm going to work out while she works with Gabby. Maybe take a minute and stop with the shows that she's forcing you to watch." Matt laughed as he heard Kelly say that. "Sounds good man. Now, have a good day." Kelly agreed. "Same to you man. Maybe watch sports." Matt agreed, liking that idea.