Congratulations Future Mom, Part One

Hi Readers: I hope that you guys are enjoying the chapters that I have written for you today. Now, I am not going to delay this anymore. Here we go with Chapter Ninety-Nine.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Halstead Hospital Room, Cedars-Sinai NICU
Walking into his and Alex's hospital room with Max, Jay smiled as he looked at his beautiful wife this morning; the wife who is just waking up from her latest nap, which is very much needed. Unfortunately, the nap was not the best; especially not when her husband isn't here with her at the moment, which is scaring Alex. "Jay? Jay?" Hearing his wife call out for him, Jay started to rush over to her so that he can sit here. "Hey, take a breath Alex; it's okay, I'm right here." Turning to look at Jay when he said that, Alex started to relax. "Sorry, I just..." Jay shook his head when he heard Alex try and apologize, especially when she's worried right now; that's something that they both are, worried for her health (as well as the health of their twins). But right now, Alex didn't need to worry about anything, because he's here. "I was just talking Max out and going to get some breakfast." Alex agreed with Jay as he told her that, before looking at Max; meanwhile, Jay proceeded to set the breakfast that he got for him and Alex down on her side table.

"Here, do you want me to help you sit up? That way, you can just relax?" Alex agreed with Jay when he asked her whether she wanted him to help her sit up, as that most definitely is something that she wants. She wants to sit up, and she wants Jay to cuddle up to her in the bed; but first, she decided to ask her doctor whether she could. I mean, she might as well do so while a doctor is in here. "I mean, if that's okay with the doctor." Turning around from checking on niece and nephew, Natalie smiled as she looked at Alex. "I promise Alex, we'll make sure that you can sit up." A bit surprised, Alex smiled when she heard Natalie's voice. "I thought that you said that you might not be able to be on my case." Natalie smiled as she looked at Alex, before turning to look at Jay. "I may have used Jay's status to get in." Jay was confused as he heard Natalie say that, before going to grab Alex's hand. "What are you talking about?" Natalie smiled. "I mentioned that you're a veteran with PTSD, and that you'd rather have people who you trust take care of your kids."

Jay agreed with Natalie as she said that, as that most definitely do trust her. "Of course, we trust you Natalie, I hope you know that." Alex turned to look at her husband when he said that, grabbing his hand. "Seriously Jay? Did you really have to say that?" Jay smiled as he bent down and proceeded to kiss Alex's forehead softly, before turning his head and looking down into her eyes; after which, he bent down and proceeded to kiss her softly. Taking things nice and slow with the woman he loves more than anything in the entire world, Jay smirked due to the fact that this is the life that he's wanted for a while; and someday soon, it's the life that Natalie is going to get it. Now, he wonders whether she's told Alex yet. "So Natalie, who other than you, my brother, and your doctor know about your news?" Natalie smiled when she heard Jay say that, not even realizing what she said that. "God, Maggie is so happy for us. She's already...." That's when Natalie realized something, and that is that Jay knows their news now. "Wait, when did you find out?"

Jay smiled as he looked at Natalie when she said that, before turning his head and looking at Alex (who was still unaware of what news the duo were talking about); after all, only Jay knows that Natalie is currently pregnant with her and Will's first child. "Me and Will just had breakfast together before his shift. Apparently, he spoke to the head of the ER and asked to have breakfast with me before his shift." Natalie shook her head when she heard Jay say that, clearly not happy that Will did that. "I'll have to talk to him about that." Jay laughed as he heard Natalie say that, before getting up so that he can go hug Natalie; but first, she needs to tell Alex the news. "So, are you going to tell my wife your news? Or do I have to tell her so that she understands why I'm about to hug you?" Natalie smiled as Jay asked her that, before looking at her sister-in-law. "It's really early, but we're thinking early May." Alex just looked at Natalie when she said that. "Shut up!" Natalie agreed with Alex when she said that, smiling at her. "Yeah. I want a boy." Jay then smiled at Natalie.