Happy Birthday Gabby, Part One

Hi Readers: I want to apologize for all the changes that I have done recently to the story. However, I want to explain what's going on recently. The bottom line is that I didn't like where the story was going, and that meant that I need to backtrack before I could go ahead and continue with the story. But still, I am going to do a skip in between the previous chapter, as well as this chapter; but to just when? Well, it's time for you to find out. Here we go with Chapter Sixty-Six.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

July 26th, 2019 – She hasn't been feeling the best for a few days now. She's been stuck in bed, and just feeling disgusting. But boy has Matt truly been incredible. He's been taking her extremely well, and he's balanced everything so well. Between the boys, work, and her being sick; he's had so much to deal with. But now, she was starting to feel a bit better; however, Gabby just had a feeling that she needed to do something. And just what might that be? Well, that would be take a pregnancy test; yes, you heard that right. Gabby decided to take a pregnancy test. And that's exactly what she did today, on the morning of her birthday. She needed to know whether she was going to be stuck in bed on her birthday, or whether she was going to be able to go out; because that was something that she wanted. She wanted to go out, and she wanted to spend time with their friends. And she just needed to know the answers to these questions. And that's exactly what she's waiting to find out right now, as she took her morning shower. But little did she know that she wasn't going to be taking her shower alone. Rather, her loving husband decided to join her in the shower; that way, he can wash her.

But little did Matt know, that he was going to see something on the counter after he walked in with a towel around his waist; something that he hadn't planned on seeing for a while, the pregnancy test that Gabby just took. (Not that he's even noticed it yet). And that was due to the fact that he's currently in the midst of admiring his gorgeous wife in the shower, which is definitely a sight to be seen. Just walking in, Matt smirked as he went ahead and carried their boys' baby monitor towards the counter so that he can continue to listen to them. Setting it down on the counter (along with a fresh pair of boxers), Matt smiled as he was about to take off his towel. However, that was the last thing he wanted to do right now because he finally saw it; the pregnancy test that his wife just took. The first pregnancy test which he would be here for. Just taking a breath, Matt was absolutely shocked; he thought it was too soon, but that is definitely not something that he's worried about right now. First, he needs to talk to Gabby before she gets out.

Out of the shower where he wants to wash and hold her close. Taking a breath, Matt tried to put the pregnancy test to the back of his mind while turning around to face his wife; but he knew that was not going to be something that he was going to be able to do, even though it's his wife's birthday. The first one that they get to celebrate with each other in a couple years, as well as the first one that Gabby gets to celebrate as a mother; but it also may be the last one that she gets to celebrate as a mother of two. Next year, she might be celebrating as a mother of three if that test is positive. And that's something that's incredible, and quite worrying. Yes, worrying. While Matt is already starting to get excited over the fact that she may be pregnant, Matt also knew that it was risky; and that was due to the fact that they were doing it so close together. But at the end of the day, he's going to be happy if it happens; because it's exactly what the couple said they wanted. He already promised her that he'd be happy if they got pregnancy, which he most certainly will.

And now, he was going to remind his wife of that; that he's going to be happy no matter the result of the test, for the simple fact that he has her and the boys in his life. But now, it's time to get in the shower with the woman he loves more than anything. Walking up to the shower (again), Matt proceeded to take it off until he saw Andy at the door; Andy being his new (golden retriever) service dog for PTSD and boy has he made a world of a difference at night. He's kept him so calm, and it's just perfect. Putting his hand up, Matt made sure that Andy stayed out of the washroom, and in their primary suite; and that was exactly what Andy did for him this morning, as he walked away to his bed located at the end of their bed. And now, that gave him the opportunity to join the woman he loves in the shower; then, he can talk to Gabby about what's going on in her head, and what she's thinking about this possibility. Including the possibility that they're going to find out on her birthday, which is something that he's (of course) going to say to her first right now.