FLASHBACK: Jay & Alex's Romantic Night, Part One

Hi Readers: I wanted to let you guys know that today will be a low update day. Other than this chapter, I may only be able to write one more chapter. I apologize for getting distracted, and I truly hope to try and get better when it comes to concentrating on my writing. But for now, I think that I need to just concentrate on what I'm best at; and that's posting some updates here. I hope that you guys enjoyed Chapter Fifteen, and I hope that you guys enjoy this chapter too. Here we go with another one.

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thursday, May 30th, 2019 – New Halstead Home, Honolulu
He decided to surprise his wife, surprise her with a night that she'll never forget; something that they are going to need to start doing much more often, especially before they have the kids. And there are reasons for that. The biggest reason? Jay wants to show his wife that nothing will change between the both of them. When they have the twins, he's still going to be the same man that she loves; and he's always going to be there for her. That will always be the case, and he just wants to take it easy with the woman he loves. He just hopes that he can pull her away from her work right now. Yes, her work. Even though they are now living in their new home, Alex seems to still want to work just as much as she did when they were working at the condo; the condo that they had as part of their compensation. But with them having kids soon, they both decided that it'd be better if they got their own place; and that was exactly what they have now. They have their own place, where they live alone.

A place where he plans on always treating Alex like the queen she is, as she truly is the love of his life. And right now, that was exactly what Jay planned on doing; and it all starts with them having their nice meal that he's already got all set up in the living room. Yes, the living room. He decided that he wanted his wife to be comfortable, and he also wanted to do something similar to what they could've done in the past on some cold nights in Chicago. And what might that have been? It was them sitting by the fire, as they cuddled up to each other; while also enjoying a nice meal together. But, they are in Honolulu after all, and that was probably not the best idea when it's already warm as it is. So, he decided to do something else; and that something else would be a candlelight living room picnic dinner, which he can only hope that Alex enjoys. But first, he needs to get her out of the design studio that she has here at their home, and out to the nice date that he has all set up for the both of them.

Walking into the office, Jay smiled as he looked at his wife; the wife who was hard at work for some of the designs that the girls are making for ELLA Apparel. Ever since they started the division, Alex has really found herself enjoying being a fashion designer more than an executive for Casey Police; and that was why he encourages her to follow her heart, and leave the Casey Police project behind. And while he does miss working with his wife every day, there's just something about the joy that he always sees on her face when she's designing that makes it all worth it; worth the time that they spend apart at work, which he definitely spends worrying about her and their daughters. The daughters that they are going to be born later this year. But right now, that was not what the husband needed to concentrate on; rather, he needs to concentrate on getting his wife out of the office and into the living room where they are going to have a nice night together. A nice romantic night, just the two of them.

And while Jay wouldn't mind having sex, he can go without it if that's what Alex needs; but what he needs right now, is his wife with him in the living room. Just making his way over to Alex his evening, Jay smiled as he walked up behind her and went to look at the designs that she was working on; and let's just say that they were gorgeous, gorgeous items that he hopes that she can wear on future dates. Yes, she was currently designing some lingerie, and Jay was a huge fan of the designs that he's already seen. But right now, he wants to have his wife to himself; and he plans on telling her that right now. Moving to tug her hair away from her neck, Jay bent down and smirked as he proceeded to kiss her neck softly; his way of telling her that he was here, and that he was liking what he was seeing. Smiling as she felt Jay kiss her neck, Alex just reached back and smiled as she put her hand on his neck. "I can see that my husband likes the designs that I'm making right now." Jay snickered.