FLASHBACK: Last Morning in Chicago

Hi Readers: I want to let you know that you guys are going to recognize this chapter, because it is a re-write of a previous chapter from earlier in the story; but this time, I am doing it as a flashback. Let me know what you guys think of it. Thanks again for reading.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Old Casey Home, Chicago – October 6, 2018
It was their last time waking up together in the bed of their Chicago home for months, the bed where they made love to each other both the night before; and where they are currently in the midst of making love to each other shortly after waking up together, in their marital bed. I mean, they're already naked; so, they might as well just take things nice and slow with each other one last time before they leave to go on their road trip. And while, at first, Gabby was a bit apprehensive at the idea of making love to each other before they left to go on their trip; Matt was (ultimately) able to convince her to do it. And let's just say that she's glad that she agreed to take it nice and slow with the man of her dreams before they leave, as she's very pleased that this is what they're in the midst of doing right now. Matt is just the best in bed, and the way he's touching her is incredible...it's exactly what she needs before they leave, and Matt is well aware that's the case. God, he just loves this woman so damn much; and she knows it.

She knows how much her husband truly loves her, and how much he wants to be with her for the rest of their lives; and that was due to the fact that he decided to take time away from the job he loves (almost) as much as he loves her just to private that to her. But, at the end of the day, this trip isn't just a sightseeing trip; rather, it's also a trip where they're going to take time away from their friends (and family) so that they can concentrate on fixing their marriage. This way, they can make sure that they can talk things through, and work things out; and this will allow them to have a long, happy marriage (which is unlike what their siblings had). Both Gabby's brother, as well as Matt's sister got divorced; their marriages failed, and they both don't want their marriage to go down that route. Rather, they want to be the couple in their family who makes it; as they believe in their love far too much for their marriage not to go the distance. And that's the entire reason why they're going on this trip together. To save their marriage.

They're going to do whatever they can to fix it, before they've got nothing to fix anymore; and it's going to be really nice. Just some time alone with the man of her dreams, the man who pleased her last night. Stroking Matt's cheek as she continued to take things nice and slow with the man she loves, Gabby smirked as she then proceeded to lean in and kissed him once again; an action that made Matt smile in return as he continued to kiss his beautiful wife (as it was what she wanted him to do). However, they both knew that they couldn't do this the entire time. Rather, they needed to get up so that they could get going. After all, that's what's on the agenda for today: them leaving to go on their trip; which was something that was quite exciting for the both of them, as they needed this time away. And they also need a honeymoon, which is something else that they were going to treat this road trip as; their honeymoon. The honeymoon that they've yet to take when they've already been married for almost two years; in fact, it's been 22 months as of today.

Their second wedding anniversary is in exactly two months, and that's something that Matt has already promised Gabby they're going to celebrate somewhere warm (or at least, they'll try and celebrate somewhere warm); especially when they aren't in a rush to come home. And Herrmann is going to make sure that can happen, by sending them their Molly's cheques on time, so that they aren't in a rush to come home; heck, Matt isn't really even in a hurry to get out of bed due to the fact that he's very turned on by his naked wife right now. He doesn't want to get up, and Gabby already knows that; but she does want to get up, as she wants to get out of here. She wants to go explore the country, and have fun with her loving husband; the husband who plans on driving their RV for her. "Baby, I love you; and I want to keep doing this but..." Matt laughed a bit as he heard Gabby say that, as he's already expected this to come at some point; after all, she isn't the only one that wants to get out of here, and get on the road to see America.