Casey Police Work: Designing a Car

Hi Readers: I hope that you guys enjoyed today's updates. But unfortunately, this chapter will be the last update for today. But that doesn't mean that it's not going to be a nice chapter. More specifically, a Halstead chapter. Hopefully, you guys like it. Thanks again for reading. Here's Chapter Seventy-Eight with Jay & Alex.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

There are a lot of things that Jay and Alex don't have for a project: approval, a budget, and an idea as to what they're doing. But there are a few things that Jay and Alex have for this project: dedication, and creativity. Somehow, they're going to find a way to design a car; and they're also going to find a way to make it work, especially this model. But what model are we talking about? Well, the first model that Jay and Alex have decided to create, is a K-9 special police vehicle; but not one for those who are part of the K-9 unit. Rather, it's going to be a vehicle for those with PTSD, which many more features that may in fact help veterans; the soldiers whom are done serving their country overseas, but don't feel like they're done serving their country at home. And if they learned one thing that really caused the couple problems while they were in the car together, it was how you can hear the sirens inside the car; sometimes, they are so loud that you can barely hear what you're saying to your partner. And Alex knew that most definitely did not help Jay.

It affected Jay somehow, and she could tell that it was something that always bothered him; but now, they have a chance to change that. A chance to make a huge difference in the ways that cars are designed, and that they can make sure that they are done properly; and luckily for them, they have this time right now. Time where they can just cuddle up to one another, and use their iPad to work on in. However, she still doesn't exactly understand one thing. While Jay did have the idea, and he did want to create this; why exactly does he have to be the one to design it on this software, when they already have another team who have the ability (and professional training to do so). That's when Alex decided to ask her husband why THEY'RE the ones doing this, as opposed to some of their design team (whom they pay a lot of money to work on this). Turning her head, Alex smiled as she looked up at the man she loves more than anything in the entire world. "Jay?" Turning his head to look down at Alex, Jay smiled as he wrapped his arm around her. "Yes?"

Alex smiled as she heard Jay say that, loving the way he said yes to her; so much so, that she wants to get him to give her a kiss. Pointing to her lips, Alex smiled as she waited for Jay to act; which is did pretty much right away, the husband wanting to kiss his wife too. Just taking things slow with her after he kissed her, Jay smiled due to the fact that he's extremely happy right now. The way that he and Alex are holding each other in bed is absolutely perfect, and it's really comfortable; then again, they're always comfortable when they cuddle up to each other in bed. But that's not why Alex is going to talk to her husband right now. Rather, she's talking to her husband as she has questions for him; questions that she'd really appreciate if he answered for her. "Baby, I just have a question for you about why we're the ones who are designing this car?" Jay sighed as he heard Alex ask him that, the husband knowing that he's going to have to tell her the truth when it comes to the funding; or more precisely, the lack of funding for this project they're starting.

"Yeah, about that. Uhm, there's a reason that we need to do this in secret right now." Alex got concerned when she heard Jay tell her that, starting to thing that this may not be something that's a very good idea anymore; especially after what Jay told her next. "You remember how I said that this project has already been greenlight by Matt?" Alex was shocked. "Jay! Seriously? I mean, we can't really do this yet if we don't have his approval. Oh god, please tell me that we're the only people who are working on this; and that you didn't get some staff to work on this, when the project hasn't even been approved by Matt." Biting his lip, Jay took a breath as he had this bad feeling that Alex was going to be really mad at him once she learned all of this; but in his defence, he really wants to get this project started. And if he waited for Matt to approve of funding to start the project, then it might be a while; and that's due to the fact that they do not have a financial meeting set in stone yet. "Jay, you can't do this if you don't have Matt's approval; it's not our money."