Preparing for a Weekend of Romance

Hi Readers: I am well aware of the fact that I already posted a similar chapter before. However, I have decided that there is a reason why I need to restart Matt and Gabby's weekend alone; and that's where I want to do the weekend (again). Instead of doing it somewhere people can find them, I want to do it somewhere new. Hope you enjoy where it takes place. Thanks again.

Quick Note: I know that there is going to be something that doesn't exactly make sense in the first chapter regarding money. But I want to remind you guys that this is a story of fiction, and the options are endless. Thanks again for understanding.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Friday, May 31, 2019 - The Shay, Ala Wai Harbour, Honolulu
His wife was definitely not going to expect this nice surprise that he was setting up for her, the surprise that was going to be happening this afternoon. And Matt was certain that his wife was going to enjoy it. Just some nice time alone with her husband, as they sail the open sea on their newest home. Matt may have splurged a bit on a new toy of his, but he had the funds to do it. The reason? Turns out that his father was a lot richer than he originally believed. The reason? Well, it turns out that he was married to another woman before he was ever married to his mother. And just recently, that woman died. So, here's the thing. Apparently, the woman believed that her late boyfriend Greg would outlive her; and that meant that she put him in her will. A will in which he was the only heir. And since he's dead, that means that he and his sister just inherited everything from the woman. The inheritance? $500 million. That meant that he and his sister were both now a quarter of a billion dollars richer.

And let's just say that Matt was quite shocked that was the case, and let's just say that he loved the fact that he now had this life. The best part? He was able to buy some nice toys for him and his wife. His newest toy? The Shay. But, you might be asking; just what is "The Shay"? Well, that would be the Casey Family's newest home on the water: Their Yacht. And let's just say that it was going to be the perfect place for him and his wife to get away from time to time, just like this weekend; after all, they've really missed each other, and they definitely need this time. They need time to get away from life, and just concentrate on each other. However, that doesn't mean that Matt's best friend is happy with everything that happened in his best friend's life recently. Just looking at him, Kelly was just shocked at the fact that his best friend got so damn lucky. I mean, he got this boat; he's got a great amount of money, and just the perfect life. Can't he at least share some of the money that he got with him?

Well, he is in a way; and that would be by the way of him paying his employees money, which he was definitely doing now. And Kelly was at least happy that was the case. Still, that didn't mean that Kelly was completely happy. Turning to look at his best friend as he helped him pack up the kitchen, Kelly sighed. "You know I still hate you right?" Turning to look at his best friend as he stood up after putting some food in the fridge, Matt was confused. "What are you talking about?" Kelly just looked at him, laughing. "First you get almost $26 million from your dad. Then, your dad's late secret wife dies; and you get $250 million. I mean, what are the odds that you actually get ALL of that?" Matt laughed as he heard his best friend when he said that. "Trust me man, don't think that I actually like the fact that I inherited this money from my dad." Kelly was confused when he heard his best friend say that, unsure as to why that would be the case. "Ok. I really don't understand why that would be the case."

Matt laughed as he got up and closed the fridge, ready to tell his friend. "May I remind you that my father was abusive? That means that I inherited all of this money from the man who abused me." Kelly then thought about it. "So, I had to get abused so that I could get this money." Kelly then thought about it and agreed with Matt when he said that. "So, I am not saying that I don't love the fact that I don't have to work if I don't want to; but that doesn't mean whatsoever that I don't plan on working, because I really can't just sit around and do nothing. That's not me, nor will it ever be me." Kelly agreed with Matt when he said that, well aware that was the case. "Plus, you have worked so hard on that company to not keep working there. And I mean it when I say that you've done such a great job, and I'm really impressed." Matt agreed with Kelly when he said that, smiling as that was definitely the case. "And I'm glad that you're okay with me just taking this time with Gabby, away from the kids."